Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Litigation Assistant
Enter the lowest grade level (09-10) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Warning Statement: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
2. Please select the response that BEST describes the specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for a GS-09 Supervisory Litigation Assistant. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
3. Please select the response that BEST describes the specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for a GS-10 Supervisory Litigation Assistant. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Analyze legal documents for entry into an electronic case management system.
5. Retrieve case information from the electronic case management system.
6. Identify and resolve issues or problems of court procedures and court documentation.
7. Apply an extensive body of judicial rules and procedures sufficient to examine case files to determine sufficiency of documentation.
8. Identify material that may be pertinent to court issues or court cases.
9. Apply knowledge of legal rules and principles, e.g., basic principles of criminal procedure and evidence, and the organization and operation of the Federal courts.
10. Prepare presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint software for staff training sessions.
11. Utilize Microsoft EXCEL software to prepare spreadsheets for legal statistical data to be used for weekly management reports.
12. Scan documents to PDF using Adobe Acrobat software to electronically file documents with the courts.
13. Perform word processing work, whether from voice recordings or written material using Microsoft Word software.
14. Import or export graphics from software programs for legal exhibits or charts.
15. Utilize personal computers with various software programs to prepare legal documents that require legal research.
16. Conduct training and orientation sessions for secretarial and legal support staff.
17. Answer telephone inquiries from officials, e.g., Department of Justice, U.S. District and Appellate Courts, Bankruptcy Courts, U.S. Attorney's Offices, and Internal Revenue Service, in accordance with office policies and procedures.
18. Apply knowledge of the procedures and commonly used forms of the Tax Division, the Department of Justice, and federal courts to advise support staff employees (e.g., secretaries, legal assistants, paralegals), Division Attorneys, Asst. U.S. Attorneys, and non-government parties of their existence and proper use.
19. Provide representation with respect to legal support matters for the Tax Division and other organizations.
20. Refer telephone inquiries from officials, e.g., Department of Justice, U.S. District and Appellate Courts, Bankruptcy Courts, U.S. Attorney's Offices, and Internal Revenue Service, to the appropriate party for a response.
21. Advise attorneys, Section Chiefs, and Assistant Chiefs of critical due dates, e.g., court appearances, motions deadlines, and evidentiary hearings.
22. Respond to inquiries from vendors regarding invoices.
23. Write legal reports that require complicated formats and precise column alignment.
24. Prepare legal forms for issuance and present them for signature.
25. Write legal correspondence using a variety of software packages.
26. Update procedural guidelines, e.g., correspondence manual, word processing manual and citation, and style manual.
27. Document records for critical due dates, e.g., court appearances, motions deadlines, and evidentiary hearings for use by others.
In this part, you will respond to questions about supervisory experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience.A- I have performed this task as a senior employee of a work unit.
28. Conduct formal and informal performance appraisals with staff.
29. Shift administrative personnel or assignments because of fluctuating workloads.
30. Provide recommendations for personnel actions, e.g., promotions, assignments and reassignments of secretaries, awards, preparation of work plans, and maintenance of personnel files.
31. Provide management staff with advice on issues such as, the utilization of personnel resources, procurement of office equipment and supplies, and future office space needs.
32. Resolve grievances or other problems experienced by support staff.
33. Maintain a system of record keeping for expenses such as, legal staff travel and vendor invoices.
34. Maintain time and attendance records for Section personnel using automated systems.
35. Identify training and development needs of support staff.
36. Certification of Information Accuracy: I have taken an opportunity to review my responses to ensure their accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.