Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 768233
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-13) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following questions will address your minimum qualification. Please review the questions and consider your answer carefully. Choose only one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). Examples of such experience may be promotion of products and disseminating news related information to both national and international audiences; AND experience with Internet and Social Media to write, edit and design visually attractive, well-balanced multimedia products that capture the attention of both national and international audiences.
2. Do you possess at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). Examples of such experience may be researching and engaging key contacts across the academic and think tank communities in order to actively participate in dialogue related to both national and international broadcasting; AND demonstrated experience with Internet and Social Media publishing to write, edit and design visually attractive, well-balanced, highly targeted multimedia products using appropriate visual, multimedia and interactive tools and content that capture both national and international audiences.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. In-depth knowledge of journalism, Internet and Social Media(i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) publishing principles and methods to write, edit, and produce integrated, well-balanced, and highly targeted written and graphic materials for publication on an agency's/company's website that captures the attention of both national and international audiences.
4. Oral communication skills necessary to coordinate briefings, seminars, and media events to promote a clear and understanding of both national and international broadcasting.
5. Skill in researching and engaging key contacts across the academic and think tank communities in order to actively participate in a dialogue regarding U.S. International Broadcasting in the larger foreign policy context.
6. In depth knowledge of transforming raw materials from the un-edited stage to a polished multimedia publication.
7. Skill in producing high caliber work under pressure of deadlines, frequently working on serveral projects simultaneously.