Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following question will address your minimum qualifications. Please review each question and consider your answer carefully. Please choose only one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Basic Qualifications: Applicant MUST be able to read, write and speak in both Vietnamese and English Languages.
Do you meet one of the following?
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level which is related directly to this line of work. Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of such experience include knowledge of web and video production techniques to produce high quality professional programs for a national or international audience and demonstrated skill in editing using computer-based audio, web and video equipment.
A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related. Major Study-photography, radio or television production, motion picture production, or other fields related to the position.
OR Combination of Education and Experience
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Knowledge of web and video production techniques.
3. Ability to utilize web and video production techniques to produce high quality, professional programs.
4. Ability to organize detailed and various production elements for feature webcasts.
5. Ability to speak the Vietnamese language that enables the candidate to interview and announce broadcasts in this language.
6. Skill in editing using computer-based audio, web and video equipment.
7. Skill in operating audio, web, and/or video equipment in order to meet program and publication deadlines.
8. Ability to use technology (including news feed and the Internet) to locate and research potential stories or retrieve appropriate news material for web posts.
9. Knowledge of world news events, including US foreign policy and other bilateral issues between the United States, Vietnam and other countries in the area.
10. Knowledge of a video editing software such as Final Cut Pro for broadcast.