Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Identify, develop and implement appropriate statistical methods, contribute to the statistical methods, appropriate design of surveys, and conduct the analysis and dissemination of large health examination surveys.
4. Monitor statistical research programs and individual projects to identify issues and concerns that may adversely impact on-going research.
5. Develop and conduct research projects that address statistical aspects of large health examination surveys.
6. Contribute to the design of large health examination surveys and other data collection systems to ensure the resulting data will meet the analytic needs to address public health issues of interest.
7. Conduct and contribute to the appropriate analysis of large health examination surveys and other data to provide valid information about important public health issues.
8. Design, develop, test and implement data quality control procedures for large health examination surveys to ensure continuous assessment and evaluation of survey data.
9. Monitor data quality trends and issues to identify systemic problems that impact the quality and reliability of large health examination survey data and resulting research reports and data files.
10. Advise on the operational aspects of large health examination surveys and other data collection programs to ensure that high quality data are collected to support the development of public health related and/or survey related research products.
11. Ensure research methodologies and science adhere to the highest ethical standards (such as those of Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), etc.) and procedures for protecting privacy and confidentiality in data products.
12. Interpret findings related to large health examination survey study design, statistical analysis, or data management aspects of a research project, lead discussions with research project teams designed to plan, coordinate and make decisions.
13. Serve as a spokesperson on health related and/or survey related data, statistics, research findings and controversial issues regarding large health examination surveys.
14. Present results of research projects to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
15. Participate in national and international conferences and workshops related to large health examination survey statistics and health related data and/or survey data.
16. Review reports and papers for scientific merit and statistical validity, reliability and consistency for large health examination surveys.
17. Prepare comprehensive reports of theoretical and applied statistical research on large health examination surveys, which include discussion of research objectives, statistical and substantive public health related issues, and study results.
18. Disseminate results of research projects on large health examination surveys in a wide range of venues including publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts and special reports.
19. Supervise the development of documents used to conduct day to day business of large health examination surveys such as policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.