Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for a Technical Writer, GS-1083-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If submitting Qualifications and Availability Form C, you must darken the oval corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience and/or training in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Plan clear and accurate scientific presentations through the analysis of the subject matter and audience.
3. Perform final review of scientific materials for technical accuracy, style, proper organization and editorial aspects prior to release.
4. Develop and edit technical documents to accurately communicate scientific information to various audiences.
5. Make editorial decisions regarding pre-published documents.
6. Edit technical projects and materials, such as: charters, master plans, reports of research findings, journal articles, news releases, periodicals, specifications, and scripts or speeches on scientific or technical subjects.
7. Recommend and interpret editorial policies and procedures.
8. Produce material by gathering and verifying data, writing and editing reports, pamphlets and brochures.
9. Verify data and facts for scientific materials.
10. Edit technical material such as: reports, press releases, journal articles, web-based documents and fact sheets.
11. Perform final review of materials for technical accuracy, style, proper organization, emphasis and editorial aspects prior to release.
12. Provide guidance and direction regarding publications of a scientific and medical subject matter area.
13. Adapt the style and format of a product to the medium or publication to be displayed.
14. Present scientific information.
15. Persuade authors to accept major revisions in the content of manuscripts.
16. Discuss changes to written materials and gain cooperation from original authors.
17. Edit scientific documents and general or technical materials.
18. Assist in the production of scientific materials on specific topics.
19. Write factually accurate materials and edits for factual content.
20. Direct, coordinate, and oversee the work of a writer-editor staff.
21. Set deadlines and discuss approaches to anticipated problems.
22. Review completed written products for overall effectiveness.
23. Attend planning meetings for all publications produced within a branch.
24. Act as a liaison to agency for editorial policy to help establish editorial policy.
25. Update or revise editorial style guide, and intranet site to reflect changes in the publications process.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.