Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for Biologist, GS-0401-13A. Degree: in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for MIcrobiologist,
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for Chemist,
4. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum qualifications for the Biologist-GS-0401-13/Entolomogist-GS-0414-13/Chemist- GS-1320-13.
5. Please select the appropriate response for this statement: I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
6. Your response to the following statement will determine if you meet the area of consideration. Do you meet one of the following:
Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Monitor scientific work within the lab to see that priorities are met on what work can be deferred and which must be completed promptly.
8. Develop and interpret established operating policies and procedures in order to formulate and recommend plans, establish goals, leadership, guidance, program strategies and technical accomplishments.
9. Oversee the development of technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions and other information useful to higher level managers in determining goals and objectives.
10. Interpret applications of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives.
11. Ensure compliance with the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act laws, applicable guidance and policies are followed and implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
12. Analyze the organizational and operative issues requiring a high degree of expertise both in commodity and instrumentation, particularly with UPLC and ICP MS technology.
13. Supervise the analyzing of difficult and complex samples which may require development or modification methods.
14. Oversee the interpretation and evaluation of the results of analysis to determine the validity and scientific significance ensuring all necessary information is obtained.
15. Adherence to the Quality Management Program procedures by ensuring completion of training and assigned QMS activities in a timely and quality manner.
16. Performs supervisory, administrative and personnel management functions relative to implementing training, equal employment opportunity (EEO) and performance management.
17. Plans, assigns, reviews and analyzes work and performance of employees to ensure goals/mission of the office is accomplished.
18. Establishes performance expectations for staff, clearly communicating expectations and policies of the office.
19. Adjust staffing levels of work procedures within the organizational unit to accommodate resources allocation decisions made at higher echelons.
20. Directs and provides leadership of a program segment or organizational unit performing technical, investigative and professional oversight.
21. Assigns work to subordinates, evaluates performance and gives advice, counsel or instruction to employees.
22. Utilize assigned resources providing leadership, guidance and technical direction to ensure effective accomplishments of project, program segment or organizational unit.
23. Assist in providing executive leadership and technical direction to administrative, scientific, professional and technical support personnel.
24. Responsible to assure that the analysis and methods development work maintains the environmental integrity of the work site and products analyzed.
25. Reviews internal analytical packages of scientists to determine if the science meets management expectations embodied in appropriate policy and program guidelines.
26. Provide advance guidance on matters related to program planning/monitoring, budgeting, management analysis, personnel and manpower management and program evaluations.
27. Develop work improvement plans, recommending personnel actions as necessary.
28. Develop and implement team building techniques and practices.
29. Develop and write concept analyses, reports and summaries for implementation of operational science policies and procedures.
30. Identifies needs, develop new methods and approaches and plans projects to satisfy needs.
31. Participates in conferences, meetings, hearing or presentations involving problems or issues of considerable consequence or importance to program or program segments managed.
32. Provides and assures subordinates are trained and fully comply with regulations and policies.
33. Testifies in court or other formal or informal reviews concerning the science produced and the credibility of work required.