1. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one response that best describes your qualifications for the position of Education Technician at the GS-05 level. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts or an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level (GS-04) in Federal service performing the work of an Education Technician to include experience performing administrative duties, using office automation software, operating audio visual equipment, and experience assisting in the setup of laboratory or classroom exercises.
2. Select the letter that best describes your typing ability. (NOTE: Failure to successfully perform the typing proficiency you claim may be considered deliberate misrepresentation of information on the application and may be grounds for removal from the position.)A. I do not have typing skills.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.A- I do not have experience or demonstrated capability in performing this task, but I am willing to learn.
3. Manage computer equipment or peripherals to support the delivery of computer-aided instruction.
4. Troubleshoot audio visual systems within labs, conference rooms and/or lecture halls.
5. Stage, monitor or de-stage audio visual equipment for conferences or classroom exercises.
6. Calibrate and maintain instrumentation (e.g., overhead projectors, video/data projectors, or lab equipment) to provide classroom support.
7. Provide technical assistance with video teleconferencing to support distance learning programs.
8. Conduct property inventory of electronic equipment to ensure accountability of supplies.
9. Perform basic desktop maintenance to support Windows and/or Apple-Macintosh platforms.
10. Coordinate with network personnel to insure proper installation of workstations.
11. Maintain or troubleshoot computer systems via approved remote tools (e.g., Dame Ware, SMS, Remote Desktop, etc.).
12. Utilize presentation programs (e.g., PowerPoint, Harvard Graphics, etc.) to support the delivery of lectures or presentations.
13. Assist users with adhering to policies and/or procedures governing automated teaching tools.
14. Initiate procedures of laboratory setup in accordance with course requirements.
15. Prepare laboratory kits for classroom use.
16. Mix reagents to assist in laboratory setup procedures.
17. Stage lab areas as part of a multidisciplinary education team.
18. Assist with the staging and de-staging of laboratory exercises.
19. Dispense supplies or equipment to assist with laboratory courses.
20. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.