This section includes items related to the basic eligibility requirements for this vacancy and are related to graduate program and internship accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program or participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs and internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education and/or internship status.
1. Are you a United States Citizen?A. Yes
2. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychology Association (APA)? (The program was accredited at the time you completed the requirements for your degree. The specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which you are applying.)A. Yes
3. Have you completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time you completed the internship?A. Yes
4. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia? (This is required for all Psychologists at the full performance level of this position which is GS-13)A. Yes
5. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
6. Can you proficiently speak, read, write and understand the English language?A. Yes
This section includes an item related to the experience requirement for this vacancy. Please select the response that best describes your level of experience. You may only select one response.
7. Select the response that best describes your level of experience.A. I possess two years of experience as a professional Psychologist which is equivalent in level and difficulty to a GS-13 in the Federal Service. Practice equivalent to this level includes diagnosing mental disorders, conducting psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treating mental disorders through through a variety of modalities, and providing adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
The following items are related to agency employment eligibility requirements. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to each of the following questions.
8. This is a Testing Designated Position. Prior to appointment to this position you may be selected for random testing for illegal drug use. Are you willing to undergo urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
9. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
Responses to the items in the following sections will be used to clarify your training, experience and demonstrated capability in performing duties related to this Psychologist position. The questions in the following sections are for informational purposes only - you will not be screened in or out of the selection process on the basis of your responses in these sections. For each of the items below, select the ONE statement that BEST describes your training and experience using the scale provided. In determining which option best reflects your own experience and demonstrated capability, consider your past experiences such as paid or non-paid work, educational pursuits, volunteer service, professional organization membership, task forces, or committees. When answering each question, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification.A- I do not have experience, demonstrated capability, or training in performing this activity.
10. Demonstrate strong computer skills, including electronic record keeping programs.
11. Apply advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
12. Provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
13. Familiarity with clinical research literature.
14. Demonstrate flexibility and an attitude of willingness when presented with competing job demands.
15. Work collaboratively in a trans-disciplinary environment.
16. Utilize programmatic thinking.
17. Prioritize and set time boundries in an efficient manner, effectively balancing needs of patients, organization, colleagues and clinicians.
18. Demonstrate strong ability to champion self-started initiatives.
19. Provide for a full range of therapeutic interventions that include individual and group psychotherapy, mindfulness based therapeutic interventions, time-limited and Evidence Based Practice (EBP) models of care.
20. Communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse group of professional staff and management officials.
If you are faxing your responses to the questionnaire, you may notice in Section 25 of the 1203-FX form that the question numbers restart at this point in the questionnaire with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX (Occupational Questionnaire) form, please continue to enter your responses at the next available number within the same section of the form.