Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (12) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
WARNING: Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: (Applicants MUST meet the Basic Requirement to qualify for this position PLUS - the minimum qualifications as described below).
1. Do you possess a Bachelors degree (or higher) with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of this position? This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GS-12: In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, you must also have specialized experience which would be qualifying for the position.
2. Do you possess one (1) full year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position? To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include but are not limited to: provides basic oversight to health care facilities with research programs specializing in human research, laboratory animal welfare and research safety and security to ensure compliance; assists in maintaining the operations and functions at a facility level; assists in maintaining liaison with other heath care research facilities; participates under direct supervision in developing new methodologies, special projects; on-site compliance reviews; maintains records, prepares project administration and statistical reports for higher level review; assists with the coordination of the accomplishments of the review and evaluation of research compliance and provides recommendations for program strategies, etc.A. Yes
3. Do you possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree which primarily involves scientific inquiry or investigations, or research-type exploratory development of a creative or advanced scientific nature, or where the knowledge required to perform the work successfully is typically and primarily acquired through graduate? The work is such that the academic preparation will equip the applicant to perform the full range of professional work of the position after a short orientation period. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes
4. Do you have a combination of education and experience as listed above to meet the requirements for this position at the next lower grade level. This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes
The following statement pertains to your SKILLS IN OVERSIGHT OF REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Analyzes regulatory requirements against implementation and synthesizes results for presentation to internal and/or external stakeholders.
6. Determines the extent of compliance with Federal Policy and other applicable Federal requirements during oversight of research programs.
7. Determines the extent of compliance with Federal Policy and other applicable Federal requirements during oversight of human research protection programs.
The following statement pertains to your SKILLS PREPARING WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS.
8. Prepares written reports suitable for professional presentation.
9. Prepares written reports following analytical analysis of a program or subject area.
10. Prepares written reports that summarize determinations concerning the extent to which an entity has complied with Federal Policy and other applicable Federal requirements.
The following statement pertains to your ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE ORALLY.
11. Makes structured presentations in a professional setting.
12. Serves as a liaison with regulatory and/or oversight offices and entities.
13. Conducts fact-finding interviews.
14. Conducts education/technical assistance/training to individuals and small groups.
CERTIFICATION OF UNDERSTANDING - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position. (RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY)
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
TRANSCRIPT REMINDER: If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
VETERANS DOCUMENTS REMINDER: Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage a letter from the Regional Office). For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans.
FINAL INSTRUCTIONS: RESUME REMINDER - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Name, Job title
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month and year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)