Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 771136
Managing Editor (Azerbaijani)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following question will address your minimum qualifications for the position. Consider your answer and choose either Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience which is directly related to this line of work AND the ability to read, write and speak the Azerbaijani and English languages?
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of such experience includes writing, editing, selecting and coordinating program materials for radio, TV and Internet broadcasts. Experience should also include the ability to relate radio and TV programming and Internet material to specific areas of audience interest; to conceive, originate, develop and apply fresh, new approaches to the presentation of materials that still maintain balance and interest.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Mastery of journalism and broadcasting principles, practices and methods. Thorough knowledge of the professional techniques of radio, TV and Internet broadcasting formats in order to conduct interviews, report and write scripts and to produce effective, high-quality programming.
3. Expert knowledge of all phases of radio, TV and Internet production, programming and editing from story inception to completion.
4. Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and apply fresh, new approaches to program and news formats, to adapt and re-create programming in order to present materials in an effective and balanced manner to attract audiences.
5. In-depth knowledge of the targeted area, its history, economics, culture and socio-political development.
6. Knowledge of US policies and global issues, including foreign relations, economics, security and environmental protection; knowledge of American life and society and cultural differences between the US and the Azerbaijani region.