Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-14 grade level or above.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-0403-14, Supervisory Microbiologist position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-0403, Microbiologist.A. I have at least bachelor's degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement for this position.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
4. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
5. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-14 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
6. Monitor scientific work within the lab to see that priorities are met on what work can be deferred and which must be completed promptly.
7. Determine which projects or program segments should be initiated, dropped, or curtailed.
8. Restructure and reorient immediate and long range goals, objectives, plans and schedules to meet substantial changes in legislation or funding.
9. Plan and coordinate the workload of a laboratory.
10. Manage the direction of the quality assurance program in support of ISO accreditation.
11. Decide the methodologies to use in achieving work goals and objectives.
12. Justify the purchase of new equipment.
13. Perform supervisory administrative and personnel management functions relative to implementing training, equal employment opportunity (EEO) and performance managment.
14. Hear and resolve complaints from employees.
15. Adjust staffing levels or work procedures within the lab to accommodate resource allocations.
16. Evaluate subordinate supervisors and serves as reviewing official of evaluations.
17. Develop work improvement plans.
18. Develop and write concept analyses, reports and summaries for implementation of operational science policies and procedures.
19. Conduct extensive preparation of briefing materials for presentation to technical staff at the Center and major organization levels of the Agency.
20. Provide advice, counsel and instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
21. Represent higher management as contact point at meetings or conferences.
22. Participate on an active basis in hearings or presentations involving problems or issues of considerable importance to the scientific program managed.