Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 771990
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following one (1) question, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-11 Paralegal Specialist
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Verifies citations and references contained in legal documents using sources or databases such as Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Blue Book, or Federal regulations.
3. Researches relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to address a criminal or civil health care fraud case.
4. Utilizes automated legal research databases (for example, Lexis-Nexis or Westlaw) to conduct research to find relevant case law and other authority.
5. Reviews and provides feedback on the content of legal documents, such as case files, dockets, legal briefs, or court opinions.
6. Utilizes litigation system, including court rules, processes, and procedures.
7. Prepares pre-trial preparation, including pre-trial witness interviews.
8. Performs investigative work to obtain information, gather evidence, or verify facts related to legal cases.
9. Prepares cases or witnesses for testimony for court or administrative proceedings.
10. Ensures documents conform to standards of courts or administrative bodies.
11. Collects and organizes discovery materials for production.
12. Compiles, indexes, and tracks exhibits for trial.
13. Provides immediate assistance to attorneys during hearings, proceedings, trials, and/or depositions. 14. Maintains and organizes exhibits, makes copies, locates cases, takes notes, and provides input/feedback.
14. Utilizes case management and text analysis software to organize, analyze and manage large volumes of potential evidence (e.g over 1,000,000 pages).
15. Utilizes case management and text analysis software to organize, analyze, manage and prepare extensive volumes of evidence for discovery and/or trial (e.g over 1,000,000 pages).
16. Provides direct assistance to attorneys in the preparation of complex cases for discovery or trial in state or federal court where the number of parties, victims, or witnesses is limited.
17. Provides direct assistance to attorneys preparing complex cases for trial in state or federal court in cases involving multiple parties and victims or witnesses.
18. Provides direct assistance to attorneys during the trial of one or more complex cases in state or federal court that involved a large number of victims or witnesses and exhibits.
19. Utilizes common software applications, such as word processing, legal research tools, and presentation software (i.e. PowerPoint, Corel) to prepare presentations used during hearings, trials or other formal settings.
20. Utilizes legal case management or text analysis software applications to organize and analyze evidence and case materials in civil or criminal health care fraud cases.
21. Utilizes legal case management or text analysis software applications to organize and prepare voluminous documents for production during the discovery phase of civil or criminal cases (e.g over 1,000,000 pages).
22. Utilizes software programs such as Sanction or Trial Director to prepare trial exhibits for electronic display during a case that was settled before trial.
23. Utilizes computer software programs such as Sanction or Trial Director to assist attorneys during hearings or trial with the presentation of exhibits.
24. Utilizes computers and computer software to communicate information in the appropriate format.
25. Operates standard office equipment other than computers (for example, telephone system, typewriter, fax, photocopier, scanner, disc copier).
26. Creates and maintains computerized databases or information tracking systems.
27. Utilizes the Internet to conduct research and/or collect and track information.
28. Utilizes specialized databases made available through the Internet to conduct research and/or collect and track information (e.g., related to criminal history, credit reports, asset tracing, public record searches).
29. Utilizes computer systems or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate data, files, or other information.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
30. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department