Please select the appropriate specialty code. You must provide supporting documentation in order to receive consideration.
001: Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status; OR, reinstatement eligibility into the competitive service. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing title, series, grade and the full performance level of the position; OR, you are a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) or if you are currently in the military a statement of service.
002: Non Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who held a permanent position in the competitive service that had the same (or higher) promotion potential as the full performance level of this job; OR, you meet these eligibility requirements from an excepted service agency with an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your SF-50 showing that you meet these requirements; OR, you are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers. You must submit relevant supporting documentation.
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrations your ability to perform the work of an Economic Development Specialist at the CU-13 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU-12 level in the Federal Sector as described in the vacancy announcement.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop training material
3. Prepare reports related to specific consultant assistance provided to credit unions including list of recommendations based on analysis.
4. Develop written analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of action plans implemented by officials and management.
5. Design format and content of publications or communications related to NCUA reports, articles and marketing materials
6. Develop briefings, fact sheets or position papers
7. Guide and assist credit union staff and officials in strengthening and growing credit unions in a concise easy to understand manner.
8. Participate in discussions to provide credit union guidance on new products and services, field of membership expansions, alternative credit union operational structures, new charters, and mergers
9. Explain impact and results of credit union performance in a clear concise manner that can be understood by credit union volunteers, management and staff.
10. Conduct briefings regarding regulatory and policy change as well as current issues affecting credit unions.
11. Consult with credit union officials to provide reasonable and effective corrective action plans.
12. Provide consultative services to small credit unions, newly chartered credit unions, and low-income designated credit unions
13. Provide advice and make recommendations to NCUA management related to newly chartered and/or developing credit unions
14. Assess policy, procedures, plans and strategies as it relates to credit unions
15. Performs research projects to identify strengths and weaknesses of developing and/or small credit unions
16. Monitor and provide corrective action/recommendations in accounting errors and inconsistencies found within credit unions.
17. Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
18. Applies Accounting Manual for Federal Credit Unions
19. Develop training program(s) related to all phases of credit union operational areas
20. Conduct technical training for credit union officials and/or staff related to financial management, compliance, credit union growth strategies, etc.
21. Conduct training to internal and external staff on the small credit union industry.