Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please read the following statements carefully and select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-13 grade level.A. I qualify for the GS-13 level because I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities including: 1) conducting program management studies to identify problems and issues affecting agency programs; 2) providing recommendations and guidance to staff on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of computer-based information systems (e.g., public information centers, customer call centers or other repository database support in which customers can view questions and answers; 3) researching and identifying best practices for disseminating information used by the public and 4) providing best practices, efficiencies or implementing programs in which information is stored and retrieved in an automated way used by the public.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify issues affecting agency or organizational programs.
3. Assess problems accurately, and arrive at solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
4. Conduct benchmarking and best practices research.
5. Assist in the development of new policies, procedures and guidance documents.
6. Research and identify best practices for disseminating information used by the public.
7. Apply knowledge of automated systems, methods and practices to support customers (e.g., public information centers, customer call centers).
8. Analyze computer database to ensure that accurate, consistent, and timely information is disseminated.
9. Use computer-based information systems to evaluate problems associated with specific work processes or procedures.
10. Structure queries and reports for the extraction of data from databases.
11. Develop trends and status reports using computer-based information systems.
12. Represent the agency or organization by serving on committees and workgroups.
13. Represent the agency or organization at conferences and meetings.
14. Collaborate with agency or organization subject matter experts and other officials to develop and recommend program strategies.
15. Write reports regarding the status of program activities for management.
16. Prepare responses to inquiries concerning issues affecting program.
17. Compose informational or explanatory program material for dissemination to groups and individuals.
18. Prepare complex reports, position papers, and briefing papers that identify problems, outlines issues, solutions and recommendations.
19. Prepare program, agency, or organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.