1. Do you type at least 40 words per minute based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors?A. Yes (MUST SUBMIT CERTIFICATE OF TYPING PROFICIENCY)
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your work experience related to this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or higher in the Federal service) maintaining the calendar of a supervisor for scheduled meetings, interviews, and conferences; providing and/or referring visitors to appropriate source for information; gathering information to be used by supervisor or staff; and using automated systems to generate and process documents and reports.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Maintain a daily calendar for a supervisor.
4. Coordinate logistics for meetings and/or conferences (e.g., schedule appointments, reserving space, setting the specific time, contacting all personnel expected to attend, etc.).
5. Reconcile timekeeping records for the department.
6. Receive visitors and determine the nature of the visit to refer to the appropriate staff members.
7. Track outgoing and incoming correspondence and documents.
8. Compile information/data from various sources for staff members and/or supervisors.
9. Research operating practices and procedures in order to answer questions or requests for information.
10. Retrieve information from a variety of automated systems to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
11. Enter data using office automation software (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, etc.).
12. Maintain time and attendance records using an automated system.
13. Set up spreadsheet, graphics and/or charts in proper form for data collection.
14. Provide advice to staff on the proper use of established correspondence guidelines for outgoing correspondence.
15. Prepare letters, memos, and reports in final form.
16. Edit documents and/or correspondences using proper English, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
17. Respond to requests for information from internal or external customers.