Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (13) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B("No") to each question below.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
3. I am licensed or certified as a psychologist in a State. [This requirement may be waived for an individual psychologist for a period not to exceed 2 years on the condition that the person will provide patient care only under the direct supervision of a licensed or certified psychologist.]
Please identify the state in which you are licensed, and the year of licensure.
4. I hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from a college or university approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, [Note: Approved doctoral programs are those from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. The specialty area of the degree must be counseling psychology. Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.]
5. I completed an acceptable internship in psychology, which was accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). [An acceptable internship consists of an organized training program, in contrast to supervised experience or on-the-job training. The internship was designed to provide the intern with a planned, programmed sequence of training experiences with the primary purpose to assure breadth and quality of training. Such internships may be gained in VA training programs which meet APA internship requirements or in other health service settings whose internships are accredited by the APA. Internships normally consist of 1 year of training under a licensed psychologist in an organization with sufficient staff and varied programs to provide the required breadth and quality of training. The sponsoring organization should provide a written statement or brochure describing the goals and content of the internship with clear expectations for the quantity and quality of the trainee's work. NOTE: Prior to 1956 the APA did not accredit internships, but did accredit doctoral programs. Therefore, a pre-1956 graduate of an APA approved doctoral program in an appropriate psychology specialty, whose internship was acceptable to the degree granting school, meets the internship requirements of this standard.]
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions.A- Yes.
6. GS-13 QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of postdoctoral experience appropriate to clinical psychology. The experience must have been gained in a professional program concerned with health, rehabilitation, or vocational restoration and must have demonstrated supervisory abilities.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must also meet the knowledge, skills and abilities requirements in order to tentatively qualify for this position at the GS-13 grade level.
For each of the following item(s), choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill and ability. All A, B, or C answers MUST be supported with examples, explanations, or additional information in the space provided, on your resume, or included on other application materials. Failure to provide adequate information to support your answers may result in your final rating being reduced. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I am considered an expert, am consulted by others, or have provided training to others in this area.
Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
Knowledge of clinical research literature.
Ability to provide supervision in areas related to behavioral health and social services provision in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives.
11. Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership in a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
VETERANS PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
12. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.