Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Defense Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, etc) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34); or, I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) in Department of Defense. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
3. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-06) in the Federal service assisting with research experiments, documenting data or results from laboratory procedures, operating or maintaining a variety of laboratory instruments or handling small animals for surgery? (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience as described above.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Coordinates laboratory techniques based on written protocols.
3. Apply epigenetics and/or functional genomics to assist with studies.
4. Perform biochemical laboratory techniques (e.g., column chromatography, DNA and RNA extraction, ultra-centrifugation, immune-cell staining, enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assays, gel electrophoresis, mammalian tissue culture, etc.) to perform research experiments.
5. Grow various bacterial cultures for the preparation of nucleic acids/proteins.
6. Records the results of biochemical experiments.
7. Compare documented data with expected or past results.
8. Maintain detailed records of techniques employed as a reference point for troubleshooting.
9. Perform searches to verify sources for inclusion into research papers.
10. Maintain detailed documentation of observations to provide technical input for the principal investigator.
11. Operate equipment (e.g., microscopes, spectrophotometers, electrophoresis apparatus, faction collectors, liquid scintillation counters, balances, pH meters, specialized pipettes, centrifuges, etc.) for use in the conduct of experiments.
12. Assure laboratory is adequately stocked with reagents and/or supplies for experiments.
13. Assist in the handling of small animals for experimental research.
14. Follow regulatory requirements for safe handling or disposal of small research animals.
15. Adhere to Environmental Health and Occupational Safety (EHOS) protocol for save handling and/or clean-up of radioactive or hazardous substances.
16. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.