Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 772360
BIOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN (MONITORING), GS-0404-6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (06-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes
The incumbent must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
Do you possess a valid Driver’s License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid Driver’s License.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference and/or VEOA Eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes
Respond to the following question. Choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience, education, and training. Mark only one response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provided by your references.
Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Biological Technician (Monitoring), GS-6. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service. Examples include, to perform complex vegetation monitoring by tracking vegetation change related to prescribed fire and fuels reduction as well as range rehabilitation and wildlife habitat improvement projects.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Biological Technician (Monitoring), GS-7. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service which involved requirement for knowledge of microbiological laboratory techniques may be needed immediately to perform the duties of a Biological Technician position in a disease research laboratory.
I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.For each task listed below, select the statement from A through E that best describes your level of experience, education, and/or training. If you select response D or E, your application and/or resume must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating. Please select only one letter for each statement.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Plans work schedules and logistics.
8. Identifies southwest area grasses, herb, shrub and tree species using dichotomous keys.
9. Accurately navigates with map, compass and global positioning system (GPS) units to locate predetermined points anywhere in the Region.
10. Records and processes fire behavior, fire effects and weather data using hand-held recording devices.
11. Routinely performs error checking, data entry quality control.
12. Functions as FEMO on prescribed and wildfires.
13. Examines existing fire monitoring programs to ensure they meet policy and guidelines.
14. Coordinates work with other regional, agency and tribal natural resources staff.
15. Identifies and prioritizes monitoring needs.
16. Serves as trainer for agency and tribal employees to establish monitoring plots and to process and analyze data.
17. Prepares project-level monitoring reports for Agency Superintendents.
18. Provides the Regional Prescribed Fire/Fuels Specialist with an annual report detailing the status and progress of project-level and programmatic fuels monitoring.
19. Enters data into FIREMON, FFI and/or FMAPlus software.
20. Uses various software including CFIDEER to model outcomes.
21. Routinely performs error checking, data entry Quality control.
22. Conducts statistical analyses of data.
23. Identifies and reports problems in computer data entry and analysis software.
24. Conducts spatial analyses of monitoring data.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
25. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.