Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for FDA Country Director
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the basic requirement for FDA Country Director GS-0601-15A. I have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level of GS 14 or equivalent band level of responsibility in the Federal Service which includes experience related to the laws and regulations of a regulatory agency's programs and international public health issues affecting product safety, policy issues on regulatory and technical matters affecting India. Experience with global public policy priorities and programs involving multi-country initiatives to include agreements and bilateral agreements, regulations, guidance, and policies that relate to medical products, clinical trials/research, food, medical devices, or feed safety.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Serve as the organizations senior focal point for foreign officials in India, including foreign embassy personnel in the US and US embassy personnel in India.
4. Serve as the organizations senior expert in India on the cultures, societies, people, languages and current public health issues impacting product safety and health policy.
5. Represent organization in discussions and negotiations with high level foreign government representatives and regulatory counterparts.
6. Serve as an organization expert in working with senior, policy level officials and technical specialist at other U.S. regulatory agencies that work in areas that impact on government regulatory agency such as, The World Health Organization, Department of State, the United States Trade Representative (USTR), and the USDA's Foreign Agriculture Service.
7. Provide authoritative and direct assistance to officials in other agencies and maintain good working relationships while working out substantive disagreements with officials of other countries and agencies.
8. Oversee the effectiveness of administration of a regulatory agency's agreements such as product safety, drugs, and public health with foreign representatives in India
9. Represents organization on bilateral negotiations focused on policies related to trade of drugs, medical devices, and/or vaccines.
10. Leads foreign presence and responsibilities in the area of information exchanges, technical training, foreign audits and inspections.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of public health issues affective India including perspective on their historical relationship in health scientific social welfare, and family policy with the United States.
12. Articulate, explain, and defend the organizations policies, guidance's, rules, regulations and international goals.
13. Build, maintain and enhance working relationships with foreign government officials and regulatory counterparts.
14. Provide technical advice on federal regulatory programs affecting environmental and/or occupational health.
15. Provides leadership and guidance to officials in their dealings with foreign officials.
16. Develops and maintains strong liaison and close contacts with officials in the various Directorates and the various Ministries of Health and other relevant Ministries in India.
17. Maintains positive working relationships with foreign policymakers during deliberations and negotiations on subjects of great sensitivity and controversy.