Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Do you type at least 40 words per minute based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors?A. Yes
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or work experience to qualify for this position at the GS-05 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-04 level or higher in the Federal service) that included receiving and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence; preparing documents (i.e. correspondence, forms, reports, etc.) for management; and entering information into databases to track administrative activities.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your work experience to qualify for this position at the GS-06 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service) that included scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings for management; preparing and editing documents (i.e. correspondence, forms, reports, etc.); using office automation applications/software to update reports and maintain information.
4. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your work experience to qualify for this position at the GS-07 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or higher in the Federal service) maintaining the calendar of a supervisor for scheduled meetings, interviews, and conferences; providing and/or referring visitors to appropriate source for information; gathering information to be used by supervisor or staff; and using automated systems to generate and process documents and reports.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Maintain supervisor's calendar using Microsoft Outlook or similar automated software.
6. Coordinate logistics for meetings and/or conferences (e.g., schedule appointments, reserving space, setting the specific time, contacting all personnel expected to attend, etc.).
7. Receive visitors and determine the nature of the visit to refer to the appropriate staff members.
8. Track outgoing and incoming correspondence and documents.
9. Purchase supplies, equipment, and other materials needed for office functions.
10. Compile information/data from various sources for staff and supervisors.
11. Research operating practices and procedures in order to answer questions or requests for information.
12. Retrieve information from a variety of automated systems to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
13. Route incoming and outgoing material including reports, correspondence, memos, etc.
14. Enter data using office automation software (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, etc.).
15. Set up spreadsheet, graphics and/or charts in proper form for data collection.
16. Maintain program specific data to track items such as project milestones, progress reports, funding data, etc.
17. Develop standard or form letters to reply to inquiries.
18. Prepare letters, memos, and reports in final form.
19. Edit documents and/or correspondences using proper English, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
20. Respond to requests for information from internal or external customer.