Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements of a Supervisory Health Scientist GS-601-15.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Supervisory Health Scientist GS-601-15
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide advice on policies to integrate and improve programmatic efforts into broader public health program outcomes.
4. Provide recommendations to executive management to improve and/or overcome shortfalls and deficiencies on complex cross cutting public health issues.
5. Formulate alternative courses of action for the solution of complex cross cutting public health issues.
6. Participate in the internal and external review processes of the quality and scope of public health practices.
7. Design and conduct comprehensive studies to identify and propose solutions.
8. Identify and analyze issues to determine their impact on public health policies.
9. Plan, formulate, analyze and evaluate program policies and strategies to meet new and novel conditions.
10. Research, develop and evaluate public health policies, procedures and guidelines to recommend solutions.
11. Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvements.
12. Provide leadership and direction to program officials.
13. Work closely with senior agency leaders in order to integrate public health programs.
14. Provide leadership and expertise on public health practice matters.
15. Lead the development, synthesis, implementation, evaluation and improvement of public health activities to address social, economic and environmental determinants of health.
16. Consult with scientists and program consultants on study and study design.
17. Prepare status reports for staff members.
18. Draft policies and procedures that affect the organization as a whole.
19. Write material to convey scientific information.
20. Brief colleagues and higher level managers and executives on technical topics.
21. Present decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations of projects to senior officials.
22. Give presentations to large groups (20 or more) within and outside my organization.
23. Provide technical advice and assistance to national, state and local health agencies and to various other organizations.
24. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.