Read the statements below to determine what options (001) you are eligible to apply. You must enter 001
001 - Merit Promotion: FDA Employees Only
1. This vacancy announcement is open to FDA employees only. Are you a permanent FDA employee with status in the competitive service?A. Yes (Submit a current SF-50 showing series, grade and salary).
2. From the descriptions below, please select the statement that best describes your experience to perform the duties of a Management Operations Specialist, GS-301-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included, carrying out a wide-range of administrative support activities requiring considerable planning, coordination, management and evaluation; utilizing evaluative and analytical methods to resolve issues concerning management operations; developing new or revised operating policies; and establishing and maintaining working relationships with management officials in support of program activities.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct comprehensive studies and analyses of the Region's missions, plans, operations and relationships to define needed administrative services.
4. Develop proposals and make recommendations for the resolution of operational problems.
5. Initiate adjustments in the scope of administrative services provided to clients.
6. Assess the impact of legislative, regulatory, policy or program initiatives on the Region's administrative programs.
7. Analyze and evaluate major administrative aspects and their effectiveness on mission-oriented programs region wide.
8. Ensure the compliance of requirements for internal control process according to applicable regulations/guidelines.
9. Develop policies regarding realignment of functions and distribution of personnel resources allocations.
10. Provide leadership, advice, guidance and assistance on methodologies for forecasting trends in hiring and attrition.
11. Design and plan recruitment and placement activities to meet workforce requirements.
12. Analyze and resolve complex, sensitive HR problems and issue.
13. Develop guidance on a wide-range of compensation programs.
14. Serve as Region's authority on formulation of budget estimates.
15. Assist management in the defense and presentation of budget.
16. Ensure budget plans reflect program objectives and goals.
17. Coordinate with managers and program specialists in the development of annual work plans and schedules for budget execution.
18. Assemble and compile background and historical data in support of budget justifications.
19. Prepare a variety of administrative management reports.
20. Respond in writing to requests for information and/or data.
21. Develop standard operating procedures and business practices.
22. Implement written guidelines, work processes and operations to improve efficiency of program activities.
23. Interact with management, supervisors, co-workers, visitors, and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures, and guidelines.
24. Negotiate with management to accept recommendations.
25. Provide advice to senior management on administrative policy, budgetary and procedural matters.
26. Interact with managers and administrators to develop approaches in reaching a mutual understanding of the situation.