Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-12 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service) that included applying knowledge of analytical methods and techniques for analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of work processes; participating in studies that involve researching regulations and policies in order to ensure program compliance or identify program issues; and developing briefings and reports of study findings for managers and senior officials.
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the GS-13 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service) that included developing and conducting comprehensive studies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes and organizational procedures; interpreting legislation, policies, and regulations to propose recommendations to the resolution of complex program issues; and presenting and developing technical reports on impact of study findings and recommended program improvements.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct studies of work processes and procedures to determine efficiency of operating programs.
4. Interpret new or revised organizational policies, regulations, or procedures.
5. Apply analytical research techniques in support of complex administrative operations and agency program issues.
6. Analyze the effectiveness of management programs or policies in meeting established goals and objectives.
7. Assist with the development of long range strategic workforce planning and execution.
8. Evaluate program goals to determine their applicability to overall management objectives.
9. Assess problems that occur within work process and operational procedures.
10. Study proposed legislation and/or regulations for impact on programs.
11. Recommend solutions to solve workforce development matters.
12. Advise program managers and various contact on technical and complex polices in nontechnical terms.
13. Provide guidance to staff on administrative policies and procedures.
14. Deliver presentations to management officials to convey information related to a variety of issues and initiatives.
15. Prepare written guidance, policies, regulations, or standardize operating procedures.
16. Prepare reports summarizing the results and recommendations from studies of administrative/managerial policies and procedures.
17. Communicate in writing to prepare analyses and responses.