1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-05 Medical Records Technician position. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
2. Determine what medical record form should be included in the medical record to meet insurance requirements.
3. Identify, sort, and or/file loose treatment documents (lab, x-ray, and consultation reports).
4. Review medical records for completeness to ensure accordance with regulatory requirements.
5. Consolidate medical records in accordance with standard procedures and in proper sequence order for medical staff.
6. Extract patient information from medical records in accordance with laws and regulations related to the release of medical information.
7. Copy medical records for beneficiaries use and/or for official business when requested.
8. Consolidate patients' records for treatment, transfer, and/or death.
9. Deliver medical records to clinics and/or providers immediately upon request for same day visits or when information is required for patient care.
10. Assist in disposition of records to include identifying, assembling, sorting, and/or packaging records for transfer to medical records center.
11. Answer patient information via telephone calls or walk in visitors.
12. Record information into an automated software system (such as the Composite Health Care System (CHCS)).
13. Complete forms in an automated software system to initiate requests for service.
14. Perform outpatient registration and initiates new health records for beneficiaries.
15. Create necessary forms, documents, and/or bar code labels for medical record maintenance.
16. Track medical records by scanning bar code label or manually inputting information into an automated system upon release and/or receipt of medical records.
17. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.