For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes
1. I am a U.S. Citizen.
2. Are you a Graduate from a degree program in physical therapy from an approved college or university approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)? Transcripts required.
3. Do you possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or in the District of Columbia?
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
4. Are you proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), 7407(d).
5. GS-9 - Do you possess 1 year of post degree progressively responsible experience equivalent to the next lower grade or a master’s degree in physical therapy or a directly related field.
6. GS-11 - Do you possess at least 1 full year of progressively complex experience and a broad scope of experience as a Physical Therapist or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a doctoral degree; or doctoral degree in physical therapy or a directly related field? (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED) Experience must include knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics, kinesiology, psychology, pathophysiology and surgical procedures as they relate to human function and knowledge of and ability to apply clinically appropriate assessment techniques and treatment interventions to address human pathophysiology and dysfunction.
7. GS-9 - I possess knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics, kinesiology, psychology, pathophysiology and surgical procedures as they relate to human function; knowledge of and ability to apply clinically appropriate assessment techniques and treatment interventions to address human pathophysiology and dysfunction; and ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with patients, families, caregivers, and other healthcare professions.
8. GS-11 - I possess knowledge of contemporary and evidence-based PT practice; ability to interpret clinician prescriptions and referrals; skill in communicating, both orally and in writing, with patients, families, caregivers, and other health care professions to facilitate the multidisciplinary treatment process; skill in utilizing appropriate screening and evaluation techniques required to appropriately provide direct patient care; and knowledge of clinical signs and symptoms to make appropriate referrals for further medical attention/assessment as indicated.
For each of the following items, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill and ability. All C, D,or E answers must be supported on your resume, or included on other application materials. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
Ability to receive and interpret patient referrals/consults, schedule patients for evaluation and treatment, review medical record to assess appropriateness of referral, and identify possible contraindications for treatment.
10. Knowledge of and ability to conduct examinations which include medical history, systems review, special tests and measures including neuromuscular, sensorimotor, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and/or respiratory functions as indicated.
11. Knowledge to evaluate data gathered and make clinical judgments based on examination to determine physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis.
12. Ability to plan and implement initial and subsequent treatment programs on the basis of evaluations and demonstrate a broad professional understanding of contemporary and evidence based practice and application through the use of therapeutic interventions.
13. Ability to plan and implement appropriate patient education programs involving the patient, family and significant others in the instructional process.
14. Knowledge to evaluate patient’s need for assistive devices, and adaptive appliances, recommend adjustments for prosthetic/orthotic devices, make minor adjustments to obtain maximal functional benefits, fabricate orthotic devices, and make modifications on a wide range of orthoses.
15. Skills to display courtesy, civility and constructive behavior, and express empathy for the legitimate needs and concerns of others, tailor patient care and/or support services to meet the needs of patients.
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C.1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes
REMINDER- a complete Application Package includes:
1. VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations:
2. OF306 Declaration for Federal Government:
3. CV or Resume
4. Proof of current licensure