The Vacancy Identification Number is: 775150
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
1. Select the one response that best describes your employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission permanent employee.
2. I am an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.A. True.
3. The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education.A. I have a J.D. or LL.B. degree.
4. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.A. I have at least year one of specialized legal experience, at the SK-12 grade level, providing interpretative advice on issues related to the rules and policies of Federal securities laws and acts; conducting investigations of regulated entities and/or financial institutions operational activities; and conducting briefings for management and/or represent the organization at briefings, meetings or conferences, conveying complex and technical information clearly and concisely and appropriately provide the level of detail to address the concerns of the intended audience.
To further assess your qualifications for this position, please select one response from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to each task. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives, and other supporting documentation. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for non-selection.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Applying the federal securities laws and rules, including the Dodd-Frank Act.
6. Researching complex issues requiring extensive probing and analysis related to one the program areas under specialized experience.
7. Interpreting and adapting existing precedents and guidelines.
8. Conducting investigations of regulated entities and/or financial institutions operational activities.
9. Conducting or managing complex investigations/examinations.
10. Developing recommendations addressing issues and problems in regards to the examination program functions.
11. Write clear, concise, and technically accurate work products conveying complex technical information.
12. Explaining, advocating, and expressing facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner.
13. Developing and preparing guidance on a variety of complex issues arising from interpretation and applications of statutes.
14. Effectively participate as a team member in inter-office task force and/or working group.
15. Interact effectively with executive management, co-workers, and members of the securities industry to resolve novel, unique, and complex issues.
16. Conducting briefings for management and/or represent the organization at briefings, meetings or conferences, conveying complex and technical information clearly and concisely and appropriately provide the level of detail to address the concerns of the intended audience.