Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 00.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualifications Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, AD-1529.A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that includes a major field of study or specific course requirements that include 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics. OR Combination of education and experience at least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, AD-1529.A. I possess senior level experience in developing and directing a program of basic and applied statistical research.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Agency Specific Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, AD-1529.A. I possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in an academic field related to the Mathematical Statistician.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Conceive, plan and direct research-related programs and projects that address statistical aspects of public health issues of interest to decision makers and other data users.
5. Identify, develop and implement appropriate statistical methods, contribute to the appropriate design of surveys, and conduct the analysis and dissemination of survey and other data and research reports.
6. Monitor research programs and individual projects to identify issues and concerns that may adversely impact on-going research.
7. Develop and conduct research projects that address statistical aspects of public health issues of interest to the public health community.
Knowledge of accepted research methods related to survey design, data analysis, and quality control.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Contribute to the appropriate design of surveys and other data collection systems to ensure that the resulting data will meet the analytic needs to address public health issues of interest.
9. Conduct and contribute to the appropriate analysis of survey and other data to provide valid information about important public health issues.
10. Design, develop, test and implement data quality control procedures to ensure continuous assessment and evaluation of survey data.
11. Monitor data quality trends and issues to identify systemic problems that impact the quality and reliability of survey data and resulting research reports and data files.
12. Advise on the operational aspects of large surveys and other data collection programs to ensure that high quality data are collected to support the development of public health related and/or survey related research products.
13. Ensure research methodologies and science adhere to the highest ethical standards and procedures for protecting privacy and confidentiality in data products.
Ability to communicate the results of statistical research verbally.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
14. Interpret findings related to study design, statistical analysis, or data management aspects of a research project; lead discussions with research project teams designed to plan, coordinate and make decisions.
15. Act as a spokesperson on health related and/or survey related data, statistics, research findings and controversial issues.
16. Present results of research projects to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
17. Participate in national and international conferences and workshops related to statistics and health related data and/or survey data.
Describe your experience in presenting statistics and health related data to the professional and scientific community.
Ability to communicate the results of statistical research in writing.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
18. Review reports and papers for scientific merit and statistical validity, reliability and consistency.
19. Prepare comprehensive reports of theoretical and applied statistical research, which include discussion of research objectives, statistical and substantive public health related issues, and study results.
20. Disseminate results of research projects to include publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts and special reports.
21. Supervise the development of documents used to conduct day to day business such as policies, standard operating procedures, standards and guidelines.
Ability to lead and represent a program of statistical research and technical assiatance.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
22. Represent a health related and/or survey related statistical research program with internal and external customers that influence national policy issues and trends; ascertain data requirements and appropriate analyses to support decision making and policy development.
23. Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with researchers and program officials throughout the statistical and public health communities, public and private research foundations, and professional associations.
24. Organize meetings, conferences and consortia to stimulate dialogue about developments related to the fields of statistics and public health.
25. Advise public, private or international entities on more complex aspects of statistical design and analysis for health related data.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.