Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 grade level that demonstrates the ability to examine and analyze immigration benefit documents received for authenticity. Research and analyze appropriate information. Interpret and apply immigration laws, policies and procedures
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
3. Select the statement that best describes your ability to work constructively with others to achieve a team goal.
4. Select the statement that best describes your ability to build effective partnerships with everyone fairly, equitably and professionally, respecting and valuing individual differences and diversity.
5. Select the statement which best describes your experience in the field of customer service as it pertains to solving problems and addressing the concerns and complaints from customers.
6. Select the statement which best describes your experience using oral communication to address issues involving conflict and the need for dispute resolution.
7. Select the statement which best describes your experience using written communication to articulate an adjudicative determination.
8. Select the statement that best describes your skill level when communicating effectively through written or oral means.
9. Select the statement that best describes your experience providing timely, flexible and responsive services to customers.
10. Select the statement which best describes your experience in conducting research and applying the knowledge attained from that research.
11. Select the statement which best describes your experience in developing innovative solutions to challenges.
12. Select the statement that best describes your experience in making independent decisions using your personal judgment.
13. Select the statement which best describes your experience independently researching, interpreting and analyzing an extensive spectrum of sources such as sections of the law and regulations, precedent decisions, state and local laws.
14. Select the statement which best describes your experience using electronic systems to verify established data points in order to make determinations on a fact pattern's adherence to rules.
15. Select the statement which best describes your experience reviewing electronic systems to assist Federal agencies in identifying individuals who pose a threat to national/public security.
16. Select the statement that best describes your knowledge of various applications filed for immigration benefits and of related USCIS rules and policies.
17. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.