Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service to include experience providing leadership to formulate and communicate policy regarding global HIV/AIDS programs and/or activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Advise senior leadership on the strategic management of highly complex, sensitive issues and formulate appropriate plans and communications to manage the issues within an environment of multiple internal and external partners including international partners.
3. Provide issues management and communications technical assistance training to staff regarding the President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief or other HIV/AIDS initiatives.
4. Serve as a senior advisor to program management on strategies for designing and executing complex data calls involving staff and partners to assess program progress and outcomes.
5. Coordinate and oversee official visits to offices by senior administration officials, Congressional staff, partner country officials and other high profile visitors.
6. Oversee the planning and expenditure of funding to support strategic planning, external relations and partnerships, and issues management.
7. Work with international partners, high level officials and other constituencies to assess programmatic needs and recommend appropriate resources and action to meet those needs.
8. Coordinate the development of public-private partnerships to leverage private sector resources in combination with federal funds to advance global HIV/AIDS and/or global health objectives.
9. Facilitate and strengthen multilateral partnerships to improve planning and strategic alignment to maximize program impact.
10. Establish rapport and positive working relationships with partners and internal/external customers.
11. Establish and forge relationships with other local, national and/or international organizations to collaborate and facilitate HIV/AIDS program communications, initiatives and activities.
12. Coordinate and respond to Congressional inquiries regarding global HIV/AIDS legislative activities.
13. Lead or participate in programmatic strategic, operational or project-based discussions by conveying complex concepts in clear, concise language while promoting an atmosphere of trust and inviting input from others.
14. Serve as liaison and respond to inquiries from staff, partners, and the general public.
15. Brief senior level management on policy and communications issues related to international public health programs.
16. Develop oral and written testimony as well as materials for Congressional briefings regarding global HIV/AIDS activities.
17. Develop reports and presentations, issue briefs, and other briefing materials needed to respond to programmatic issues or special initiatives.
18. Develop strategic plans to expand and optimize external partnerships with key non-governmental partners, faith-based partners, community-based partners, international partners, high level officials and other constituencies of importance to achieve global HIV/AIDS and/or global health objectives.
19. Advise staff on professional development.
20. Conduct performance reviews and appraisals for staff.
21. Document performance-related concerns and proactively request corrective action when necessary.
22. Direct, coordinate, and oversee work through subordinate supervisors.
23. Provide leadership and managerial direction to staff engaged in a variety of activities related to the planning, development, execution, and coordination of programs.
24. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.