BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Select the statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-501-14 Financial Program Specialist, position.A. I possess one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service) that included performing financial research and statistical data analysis, advising upper management on the budget formulation process; experience in applying and interpreting existing rules, and related fiscal law regulations, and policies, to resolve issues and questions as part of the planning, programming and budgeting execution (PPBE) process; applying conventional fact-finding, analytical and problem solving methods and techniques of financial management ; experience performing managerial accounting, and the full range of budget review and analysis; experience extracting data from accounting and financial systems to make financial recommendations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Interpret government accounting principles, laws, and regulations
3. Provide recommendations and alternative approaches to improve program plans, budget proposals, operational guidelines, and program accomplishments.
4. Reviews and formulates budget policy and guidance for use in developing and integrated budget for a significant organization component.
5. Fulfill multi- year objectives for a program with national impact.
6. Align goals and performance measures required by the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) or other applicable strategic planning and performance management legislation.
7. Conducts analyses, evaluation or investigations of highly unstructured and interconnected problems involving controversial an complex programmatic issues in finance acquisition.
8. Take or recommend actions to achieve organizational objectives.
9. Evaluate content of new or modified legislation for projected impact.
10. Develop and assess new criteria, such as organizational goals, objectives and milestones to measure budget program accomplishments.
11. Apply conventional fact-finding, analytical and problem solving methods and techniques to identify budget problems, draw conclusions and recommend appropriate action.
12. Analyze financial data and make appropriate changes or enhancements to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
13. Gather financial data, and conduct surveys to recommend approaches for improvement if necessary.
14. Manages or controls contractor tasks and assets to assigned projects.
15. Briefings on financial and performance management concepts and decisions to the organization.
16. Perform budgetary planning and analysis functions for overall budget process as part of the administration of the budgetary management system.
17. Support the process of formulating, justifying, executing and reporting on the status of the budget in a collaborative organization.
18. Provide technical guidance, make recommendations, and assist in developing and maintaining the annual spend plan.
19. Utilize budgeting/financial systems to provide a wide variety of financial and budget related reports, publications and training.
20. Proficient in the use of budgeting and accounting information systems
21. Forecast budgetary trends and activities.
22. Communicate with colleagues, agency management, and policy contacts outside the agency.
23. Participate in organizational studies and analyses designed to improve financial capabilities.