Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under open competitive and/or merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001, 002 and 003. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select all three codes, if applicable.
001 - All U.S. Citizens
002 - Competitive merit promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career-career conditional appointment in the competitive service), reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service), and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 - Noncompetitive merit promotion. This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Authority (VRA), and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position as announced under TAG:VacancyID.
The following questions ask you to describe your work and other experiences in order to determine your qualifications for the grade level to be filled. Please select only one response per question. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information may result in your not being selected, being removed from a Federal job and in barring you from seeking Federal employment in the future. Therefore, carefully select the response that most closely reflects your employment, training, and/or educational background.
1. Please select the answer that best describes the experience that you possess to meet the requirement for the Financial Manager position.A. I possess one (1) year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service 1) implementing financial management and budgetary systems, programs, and databases to produce reports; 2) interpreting directives, policies, and other guidelines related to budget and grants management to ensure the organization meets all requirements; 3) serving as the expert for grant policy development and management activities; and 4)advising senior leaders on grant policy development and management activities and all aspects of the budget process.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Create a variety of special and recurring financial reports/data for senior staff review.
3. Implement financial management and budgetary systems, programs, and databases to produce reports.
4. Monitor monthly income/expense report for accuracy.
5. Forecast annual revenue and expenses of assigned funds within an organization.
6. Enter/Adjust revenue and expenses in acceptable budget formulas (i.e. showing fund assets and liabilities).
7. Obligate/de-obligate funds for an organization.
8. Determine whether obligations, expenditures, and requested allotments are within funding limitations in the approved budgets.
9. Interpret directives, policies, and other guidelines related to budget and grants management to ensure an organization meets all requirements.
10. Develop and implement policies in the areas of budget and procurement.
Advise senior staff on the status and availability of funds in different budget accounts
11. Advise senior staff on all aspects of the budget process.
12. Prepare briefing materials to defend budget submissions.
13. Manage grant approvals and reimbursements.
14. Serve on a team with senior staff to develop grant management work plans for grants involving federal funds.
15. Advise senior leaders on grant management activities.
16. Present the views on various financial subjects to key officials.
17. Advice program officials on the interpretation of accounting, budget, and financial regulations.
18. Draft written policies concerning budget, grant management and procurement.
19. Develop financial reports/data for the program.