Supervisory Intelligence Research Specialist
Vacancy ID: 775987 Announcement Number: DAL-ITL-775987-DEU-KLM USAJOBS Control Number: 329911100Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Supervisory Intelligence Research Specialist
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Veteran Preference Claim
Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
001 Supvy Intelligence Research Specialist
040370013 Phoenix, AZ
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Supervisory Intelligence Research Specialist or Intelligence Research Specialist, GS-0132-14 (or higher grade level), with the federal government.
B. I have at least one year of GS-14 or equivalent specialized experience directing an intelligence program for a major metropolitan area; planning and conducting intelligence operations requiring broad & in-depth analysis, correlation, & evaluation; evaluating overall effectiveness & adequacy of the agency's intelligence operation; serving as a policy expert within the intelligence community; & representing the agency at interagency conferences.
C. I do not possess the experience as described above.
If you chose response B in the previous question, you must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrate this experience.
2. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully complete a background investigation. Will you comply with this requirement?A. YES
3. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully pass a preemployment drug screening test and must submit to random drug testing after employment. Will you comply with this requirement?A. YES
4. Do you have experience in managing an intelligence program that covers a large international border with extensive incidences of drug trafficking and human smuggling? A. Yes
Selective placement factor experience must be well documented in your resume.
5. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second- or third-level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
6. Indicate the extent of your experience in determining personnel resource requirements.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have calculated the number of personnel to cover established schedules.
C. I have measured and estimated workload levels and the personnel levels needed to address the workload.
D. I have measured and estimated workload and personnel levels for a large organization involving multiple disciplines and subordinate organizational levels.
7. Have you met/negotiated with various parties to help resolve grievances/appeals?A. Yes
8. Select the choice which best describes your knowledge of and experience with performance appraisal systems/approaches.A. I have a basic knowledge of performance appraisal systems and approaches.
B. I have prepared performance appraisal objectives and standards and formally rated employees' performance.
C. I have implemented, maintained, and monitored a performance appraisal system for a work unit, which included rating subordinates' performance and evaluating performance ratings assigned by other supervisors.
9. Do you have experience in documenting, developing, or proposing employee disciplinary actions?A. Yes
10. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience, gained while serving as a team leader or acting supervisor, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor/manager, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending their work.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in monitoring or developing performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration.A. I have had no experience or training in performing this task.
B. I have made recommendations based on my evaluation of performance measurements used to determine the effectiveness of operations and/or program administration.
C. I have developed performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration, and have monitored the use of these measurements.
D. I have supervised the development of performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and program administration, as well as the evaluation of operations and program administration.
12. Select the choice which best describes your ability to stimulate creative thinking and innovation in others.A. I have interacted with others on an individual basis seeking new solutions to a problem.
B. I have participated in groups or panels that successfully formulated innovative methods to achieve an assigned task.
C. I have led a group of employees in developing an innovative and improved process (es) in my field.
13. Indicate the extent of your experience in inspiring, motivating, and/or guiding others toward accomplishment of goals.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have had limited experience, gained primarily as a team leader or acting supervisor, in inspiring, motivating, and/or guiding others toward the accomplishment of specific goals/objectives assigned to the team.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor or manager, in inspiring, motivating, and/or guiding others toward the accomplishment of goals by monitoring their work and providing guidance, training, and/or direction as needed.
14. Indicate the extent of your experience in promoting affirmative action goals and the achievement of equal opportunity requirements.A. I have a basic knowledge of EEO/affirmative action programs and requirements acquired through relevant training courses or on-the-job experience.
B. I have provided input in developing strategies needed to ensure progress toward strategic EEO goals or objectives.
C. I have led others in developing strategies to ensure progress toward strategic EEO goals or objectives.