1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Facilities Planning Specialist at the GS-12.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
2. Participates in discussions to plan work efforts or resolve operating problems in the specialty area of the position.
3. Influences individuals working towards mutual goals.
4. Conveys or exchanges project information.
5. Discusses project information in meetings involving technical issues or in other assignments.
6. Communicates routine policies and procedures on non-controversial programs.
7. Gathers information, identifies, and analyzes issues; and develops recommendations to resolve substantive problems of effectiveness.
8. Provides analytical techniques to resolving problems of a procedural or factual nature.
9. Analyzes principles and practices to less complex programs.
10. Recommends changes required to improve an organizational program by reviewing customer survey results.
11. Reviews internal processes and procedures, and makes recommendations for improvements.
12. Uses Computer Assisted Designs (CAD) software, to perform surveys and investigations to establish baseline data necessary to initiate designs.
13. Evaluates baseline data and incorporates salient factors into design considerations and solutions.
14. Evaluates design objectives, performs complex technical calculations, and identifies the most economical and efficient procedures for project design and performance.
15. Designs and develops technical drawings and specifications for projects characterized by a variety of conditions.
16. Prepares original designs and preliminary and final layouts; and coordinates assignments with other agency engineers, and architects responsible for related features.
17. Performs analytical studies; to evaluative, identify, and resolve simple issues and problems.
18. Determines specification practicability for unusually complex or costly projects.
19. Identifies unforeseen outside influences, physical or environmental obstructions.
20. Prepares cost estimates for unusually large, complex, or costly projects.
21. Performs design review of drawings and specifications for technical aspects of major projects.
22. Drafts binding specification or acquisition performance standards.
23. Coordinates with engineers and architects in design development.
24. Resolves overlapping responsibilities among technical disciplines, and meet total project objectives and schedules.
25. Reviews basic building plans In Accordance With (IAW) general guidelines.
26. Administers reports on system facilities and real property.
27. Survey's facilities for deficiencies in building designs, conditions, and requirements.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the level of formal PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
28. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
29. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.