The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility and minimum qualifications related to this position.
The following section is used to determine your minimum qualifications as a Psychologist with the Federal Government. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., Chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
3. I have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed.
I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.
4. I hold or will obtain within two years of my appointment to federal service, a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - This section evaluates your knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position. For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are not applying online, please darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
6. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
7. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
8. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
9. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
10. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
The following is a Certification of Understanding. RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
11. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.