Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 00.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualifications Requirements for Health Scientist AD-0601-00.A. For the AD-0601, I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that includes a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist AD-0601.A. I possess one year specialized experience in leading, directing the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects for the prevention of diseases.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Agency Specific Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist AD-0601.A. For the AD-0601, I possess a Ph.D. in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Leads the development of long range plans for global health activities, setting priorities, establishing goals and defining appropriate interventions.
5. Serves as key policy advisor on cross-cutting issues, including health diplomacy, partnerships, adherence to police and planning for coordinated responses to emergencies.
6. Develops and implements strategies to assure on going responsiveness in program initiatives to control and eradicate infectious and con-communicable diseases.
Describe your experience in leading and directing global health program.
Ability to build strong internal and external relationships to shape global health policies and fund programs.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Works in close partnership with a wide array of international entities to shape health policies and to fund, implement and evaluate programs.
8. Serves as a lead representative and partner with international and multinational organizations, other federal agencies, private foundations, universities and non- governmental global health organizations regarding global health.
Describe your experience working with multinational organizations.
Ability to stimulate global health research and assess needs and available resources.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Assures that the management required for the field sites is functional and effective and conducts activities to strengthen capacity through improvements in public health workforce, systems and process development.
10. Provides global health expertise to all international projects and assists in translating global health expertise to other countries.
11. Advocates increasing visibility and commitment to global health and develops innovative cross-cutting initiatives that provide and coordinated approach to help improve public health initiatives and save lives.
12. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.