Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience that meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Technical Writer-Editor, GS-1083-12.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service to include experience researching and technical writing and edit needs to respond to scientific materials used to communicate information generated by the organization.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience that meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Technical Writer-Editor, GS-1083-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service to include experience in editing, drafting and proofing domestic and/or international scientific briefing materials for dissemination in regards to tobacco use.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Prepare and/or edit a wide variety of materials used in the reporting of biomedical science/scientific information generated by the organization.
4. Make recommendations on the appropriateness and suitability of materials proposed for publication.
5. Determine the depth and detail and information to be provided and the manner of presentation.
6. Research and develop talking points, briefings and scientific presentation.
7. Prepare or edit a wide array of materials used in reporting of biomedical science/scientific information generated.
8. Knowledge of international market that may have an impact on international research.
9. Provide consultation to Office Director in determining the most effective means to communicate program information.
10. Maintain professional contacts for the purpose of exchanging information and discussing new approaches to scientific communication.
11. Participate in oral discussions on gathering and verifying fact findings for presentations or to provide written materials.
12. Prepare responses to controlled correspondence and other activities related to program functions.
13. Revise letters, memoranda, reports and options papers for compliance with agency policy.
14. Coordinate speech writing activities with public information offices to ensure that controversial/sensitive information is approved prior to release.
15. Prepare briefing materials and participate in briefings.