Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (05) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of experience and/or education or training that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
Select the one statement below that best describes your education to meet the Basic Education Requirements as a Psychology Technician, GS-5 Target 6 or 6. Please see the Qualifications and Duties sections of the vacancy announcement for details.
1. For the position as a Psychology Technician, GS-5 Target 6 or GS-6, I have:A. Successfully completed a Bachelor's (or higher) Degree with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in Psychology. This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcript(s) with your application. Education cannot be credited without documentation.
Select the one statement below that best describes your experience, education, or combination of experience and education to meet the minimum qualification requirements as a Psychology Technician, GS-6. Please see the Qualifications and Duties sections of the vacancy announcement for details.
2. For the position as a Psychology Technician, GS-6, I have:A. At least (6) six months of technical work experience under the direction of a professional Psychologist in a program of professional services, training or research. This experience must be close to the work of this job and has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of a Psychology Technician. The experience should have involved the observation of and assistance in the application of techniques relating to behavior, capacities, traits, interests, and activities of either humans or, under laboratory conditions, animals. Experience may have been gained in connection with a program of research or direct services in psychology that gave a practical understanding of some of the principles, methods, and techniques of psychology needed to assist professional psychologists. Appropriate credit will be given for voluntary participation in community, social service, and similar activities. NOTE: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
3. Please indicate "Yes" or "No" for the following English Language Proficiency: In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following statement pertain to your knowledge of scientific and medical terminology, mental illness, and psychology concepts.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Schedules and conducts baseline evaluations of patients.
5. Provides education to subjects about the research study.
6. Completes structured diagnostic and clinical assessments.
7. Administers research/clinical assessments and interviews.
8. Administers batteries of standard psychological tests.
The following statement pertains to your ability and skill in personal interviewing techniques, data collection, and presentation.
9. Administers research and clinical assessments, and interviews to research subjects.
10. Assists in recruiting patients for specific research projects.
11. Schedules and conducts baseline evaluations of patients.
12. Follows-up telephonically with research subjects.
13. Recognizes stress or anxiety in subject responses.
The following statements pertain to your ability to use a variety of computer programs.
14. Creates spreadsheets.
15. Creates reports.
16. Maintains progress notes in a computerized record system.
17. Works with graphic software packages.
18. Enters data collection information on a spreadsheet.
The following statement pertains to your knowledge of regulations, policies, and practices in research.
19. Interprets and applies regulations, policies and practices to administer research and clinical programs and projects in a healthcare environment.
20. Determines eligibility for participation based on rules and regulations of research project.
21. Administers assessments, interviews and tests according to research regulations.
22. Maintains study files based on established policies and procedures.
23. Ensures compliance with the provisions of HIPAA, Privacy Act of 1974, and other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
The following statement pertains to your knowledge of communication skills.
24. Assists patients to feel comfortable with testing sessions by attempting to maximize his/her motivation.
25. Interacts with a wide variety of people to gain cooperation for testing.
26. Communicates with individuals who may be reluctant to discuss sensitive issues.
27. Works in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting and communicates/interacts effectively with other clinicians.
28. Establishes and maintains working relationships with professional contacts to exchange information for purposes of ensuring smooth accomplishment of a given work assignment.
Certification of Understanding: RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
29. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Please be aware that your answers will be verified against information provided on your resume. Be sure that your resume and clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing your work experience in detail.
Transcript Reminder - Due to the positive education requirement transcripts MUST be submitted with your application. Education cannot be credited without the appropriate documentation.
Veterans Documents Reminder - You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). In addition, applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as a statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of Armed Forces, certifying to the presence of service-connected disability that includes the overall percentage rating).