Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 773082
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (14-15) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
4. The incumbent of this position is required to operate a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental duty and must possess a valid driver's license.A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid state Drivers License.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Superintendent, GS-0340-14. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Superintendent, GS-0340-15. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each itemA- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Develop and plan programs to meet organizational needs, to conserve and utilize program resources to ensure maximum performance from program level resources.
8. Manage programs which are authorized by Federal law and carried out by subordinate personnel of the Agency.
9. Coordinate program efforts by providing general supervision and guidance to branch chiefs, who are responsible for administration of the Agency's complex functions and programs.
10. Manage, lead and furnish administrative support for programs to further the efficiency and effectiveness of services provided to Irrigation and Power customers under Agency's jurisdiction.
11. Accountable for federal funds, manpower and property allocated to the Agency for accomplishing its responsibilities.
12. Manage, review and approve program goals and objectives, ensuring that programs are carried out accordingly and within budgetary constraints.
13. Execute personnel management, Equal Employment Opportunity, and job safety rules and regulations relative to program functions.
14. Manage in planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the Irrigation, Power and Business Office systems.
15. Analyze and construct reports, surveys, and other available data to forecast Agency program needs.
16. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bureau of Indian Affairs' programs in order to effectively plan, program, and evaluate the accomplishments.
17. Develop and initiate action plans with alternatives for the overall impact on political, social and economic environment.
18. Responsible for the administration and oversight of self-determination contracts and grants.
19. Protect, conserve, rehabilitate, utilize and manage resource in compliance with applicable statues, regulations and policies.
20. Comply with the National Environmental Policy Act for power and irrigation program projects.
21. Review a wide variety of documents for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to complex leases, land ownership, and allottee entitlements.
22. Manage real property programs with a thorough understanding of property acquisitions, exchanges, partitions, right-of-way grants, lease compliance, and the maintenance of accurate land ownership records.
23. Assure all tribal enactments and budget are processed according to Federal law and regulations and Bureau policy.
24. Coordinate, mediate and negotiate with top ranking State, Tribal and local government officials to assure that Agency missions are accomplished and that tribal goals are achieved.
25. Consult with tribal leaders and representatives on development of programs and legislative proposals.
26. Provide advice, counsel and instruction on both work and administrative matters to subordinate supervisors.
27. Participate with all levels of officials in the formulation of overall programs and policies for the Agency.
28. Formulate written and oral presentations of findings that communicate clearly their impact and significance.
29. Present findings of studies, suggestions for improvement, and recommendations to management officials to obtain necessary approval in making program changes.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.