Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (09) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your responses are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. EDUCATION: Do you possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in Psychology? (NOTE: Transcript Required. A copy of your transcript is required to be provided with your application. This transcript must indicate that a Bachelor's degree was conferred in a social or biological science, and that 12 semester hours of Psychology were successfully completed. If you do not submit a copy of your transcript, your application may not be processed.)A. Yes
2. EXPERIENCE: Do you possess at least two years of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist in a program of professional services, training or research? (NOTE: In addition to the Education requirement, candidates for this position and grade must indicate on their resume that they have had at least two years of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist in a program of professional services, training or research; 6 months of such experience must be comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade (GS-7) in the federal service, or 1 year comparable to the second lower grade (GS-5) in federal service. Appropriate credit will be given for voluntary participation in community, social service, and similar activities.)A. Yes
3. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Do you possess two full years of graduate study (36 semester hours) in Psychology in an accredited college or university? (NOTE: Two full years of graduate study as described above may be substituted for experience and meets in full the requirements at the GS-9 level. A copy of your transcript is required. This transcript must indicate that you have successfully completed 2 full years of graduate study in Psychology. If you do not submit a copy of your transcript, your application may not be processed.)A. Yes
4. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
5. Experience independently conducting computerized psychological tests; to include validating information obtained and exercising judgment regarding circumstances or other factors that might influence the patient, therefore invalidating the response and/or results.
The following statements pertain to your ability to independently schedule participants, obtain informed consent, administer testing and enter data into databases.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Schedule, screen, and obtain informed consent from research participants.
7. Administer, score, and analyze neuropsychology testing within scoring guidelines.
8. Develop and enter data into databases and research records for clinical recordkeeping.
The following statements pertain to your ability to coordinate all phases of neuropsychological research, study, design, recruitment, screening, data, analysis, and reveiew.
9. Conduct study recruitment screening of subjects; including collection of data, reviewing of medical records, and reporting of results in order to collect data pertaining to screening.
10. Create graphs and spreadsheets to evaluate and display collected data.
11. Review and edit data presentation materials for possible publication and educational use.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge and familiarity with the implementation and use of computer programs to collect, track, and analyze research data results.
12. Create and display data from research projects using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
13. Record data using computer programs in order to report findings to other clinicians.
14. Create folders for recordkeeping using standardized methods and formats.
The following statements pertain to your ability to assist, train, and coordinate other research assistants in the process of standardized testing and analysis of test results and data.
15. Assist in training neuropsychology trainees in the administration of tests including computerized mental health assessments.
16. Present testing results and findings to other trainees and/or clinicians.
Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must substantiate your answers to the assessment questionnaire and include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) or if the position requires a college education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).