Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Secretary (OA)
Enter the lowest grade level (06-07) you will accept.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select one letter which most closely and accurately demonstrates your ability to perform Secretarial (OA) work at the GS-06 level. Please select only one response.A. I possess one year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in the Federal Service maintaining office attendance records or scheduling; making arrangements for meetings; typing correspondence using correct grammar, punctuation and format; screening incoming correspondence; receiving phone calls or visitors; and filing office documents.
2. From the descriptions below, select one letter which most closely and accurately demonstrates your ability to perform Secretarial (OA) work at the GS-07 level. Please select only one response.A. I possess one year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 level in the Federal Service maintaining and scheduling appointments or meetings for management; preparing agendas or other background materials for meetings; proofreading outgoing scientific correspondence to ensure correct grammar, spelling, use of medical terminology, and formatting errors; typing final draft of correspondence and reports; reviewing incoming documentation to determine the appropriate action; providing receptionist services; and maintaining an office filing system.
3. Are you able to type 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors in a five minute sample?A. Yes, I can.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Screen phone calls/visitors to direct the individual to the appropriate party for resolving the inquiry
5. Schedule appointments or meetings for management based upon knowledge of schedule and work priorities
6. Prepare travel arrangements or documents for staff
7. Maintain administrative files to ensure materials are correct and current
8. Set up material and conference room in preparation for meetings
9. Keep time and attendance for an office using an automated or manual timekeeping system
10. Review outgoing correspondence to ensure compliance with organizational procedures and proper formatting
11. Research scientific and/or technical information or data to compile into correspondence, reports or summaries
12. Track incoming and outgoing office information or correspondence
13. Prepare final draft of scientific correspondence, forms or reports to incorporate proper spelling, medical terminology, grammar and format
14. Design forms or charts used in documents, reports or summaries
15. Respond in writing to technical requests for information
16. Proofread and edit scientific, public health, or technical correspondence to ensure correct and accurate grammar, medical terminology, format and punctuation