Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- is a veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume must include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. From the descriptions below, please select one response that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-1410, LIBRARIAN (REFERENCE). (PLEASE NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts or professional registration to verify your claim).A. Successful completion of one full academic year of graduate study in library science in an accredited college or university, in addition to completion of all work required for a bachelor's degree.
2. GS-09 position: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1410-09 LIBRARIAN (REFERENCE). (PLEASE NOTE: If you substituting education for experience, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
3. GS-11 position: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1410-11 LIBRARIAN (REFERENCE). (PLEASE NOTE: If you substituting education for experience, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
For each task in the following group, select the ONE statement that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.A- I do not have experience in performing this task, but I am willing to learn.
4. Manage a library program to provide clientele with specialized information for research.
5. Use knowledge of specialized information sources including the structure, content, and access protocols of relevant data bases to produce selected and annotated bibliographies on specific subjects.
6. Provide authoritative evaluations and recommendations on collection development (including additions and deletions) in all formats to include access to information outside of the library.
7. Ensure timely and efficient procedures for providing reference assistance and website content development to clientele.
8. Perform online searching in commercial and worldwide web database to provide information for clientele and coworkers.
9. Develop, format, and ensure accuracy and integrity of the library's website and social media pages to uphold library's mission.
10. Review, collect and archive material from information sources to include online sources.
11. Remain current on data concerning automated reference services and participates in professionally related reference activities, including those related to Internet services.
12. Provide bibliographic instruction on the nature and use of library resources, including how to locate research paper materials and the use of various databases and other electronic media.
13. Provide guidance and direction to reference librarians and library support staff regarding all matters of reference and readers services.
14. Provide guidance to researchers to obtain information pertinent to the research project at hand.
15. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.