The Vacancy Identification Number is:778280
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
001 - This position is opened to U.S. citizens and citizens of allied nations.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education and/or experience.
1. Do you possess a JD or LL.B Degree?A. Yes
2. Are you an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico?A. Yes
3. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I do not have experience or demonstrated capability in performing this activity but am willing to learn.
4. Applying the federal securities laws and rules, including the Dodd-Frank Act.
5. Researching complex issues requiring extensive probing and analysis related to one the program areas under specialized experience.
6. Interpreting and adapting existing precedents and guidelines.
7. Knowledge of and experience with SEC, CFTC, SRO, public accounting or financial organization audit and/or examination process.
8. Conduct investigations/reviews of regulated entities and/or financial institutions operational activities.
9. Exercise independent judgment in conducting or managing complex investigations/reviews.
10. Develop recommendations addressing issues and problems in regards to the program functions provided in specialized experience.
11. Write clear, concise, and technically accurate work products conveying complex technical
12. Explain, advocate, and express facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner.
13. Work with senior examiners engaged in developing and preparing guidance on a variety of complex legal issues arising from interpretation and application of statutes.
14. Develop recommendations reports, as well as presenting and defending findings.
15. Participate as a team member in inter-office task force and/or working group.