Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. 30% Disabled Veteran - I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
4. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
5. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
7. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1702-07 EDUCATION SPECIALIST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade in the Federal service providing administrative support for an educational program? Qualifying experience should include, but is not limited to: using office automation software to prepare a variety of documents; scheduling travel; and/or interacting with students or faculty by answering phones, directing visitors, etc.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Arrange international travel and/or training orders for staff members.
3. Assist in the development of various budgets for materials, travel, etc.
4. Assure materials are prepared in proper format with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
5. Prepare, maintain, and/or distribute various administrative documents for staff.
6. Make logistical arrangements for meetings or conferences.
7. Review study abroad program regulations and procedures to assure correct processes are followed.
8. Verify and correlate data to support budget preparation, planning and/or justification related to educational or study aboard program functions.
9. Answer routine training/education inquiries or determine if questions should be referred to subject matter experts.
10. Participate in the development and presentation of training programs for department staff.
11. Provide information on availability of educational resources to training officers, officials, and/or prospective students.
12. Advertise available and upcoming training to promote study abroad to potential students.
13. Provide information to others on program objectives to help them make informed decisions.
14. Develop background information for use by professional educators in making program decisions.
15. Assure accountability of equipment and supplies by conducting inventories.
16. Provide input to a budget planning process by advising on requirements for new equipment, supplies, etc.
17. Provide customer service for an educational study abroad program.
18. Schedule rooms for meeting or conferences.
19. Determine and perform follow- up action on required administrative actions.
20. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.