1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that BEST describes your experience and/or education relevant to this Program Support Specialist position at the GS-09 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 level or higher in the Federal service) that included researching and evaluating program data to detect potential problems; identifying and recommending solutions to problems in administrative processes; and providing oral and written instructions and guidance on the application of administrative policies and procedures to support a program.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the letter beside the statement that BEST describes your experience and/or education relevant to this Program Support Specialist position at the GS-11 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or higher in the Federal service) that included interpreting and applying administrative policies, regulations and legislative changes that impact program operations and activities; conducting studies to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations; and presenting information through presentations and detailed reports on program operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Evaluate issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative support functions.
4. Adapt operating procedures to accommodate new circumstances or directives.
5. Investigate administrative errors to resolve problems that may affect organizational operations.
6. Plan, organize, and evaluate special projects that impact and affect a program.
7. Implement procedural improvements to administrative support activities to increase productivity.
8. Develop plans, goals, and objectives for the long-range implementation and administration of programs.
9. Monitor program operations to ensure compliance with governing regulations, policies, and procedures.
10. Research issues in administrative processes in order to recommend changes in internal operating procedures.
11. Interpret and apply new legislative requirements within program operations, activities, or projects.
12. Interpret and analyze decisions to differentiate and organize priorities of importance to management.
13. Advise managers, supervisors, and staff on administrative policies and on related program matters.
14. Present recommendations to managers for the improvement of programs and procedures.
15. Inform managers of potentially controversial issues with widespread impact.
16. Coordinate responses for administrative and programmatic information requests.
17. Develop special reports and summaries on the interpretation and application of administrative policies and procedures and other related program matters.
18. Prepare written documents and position papers to explain study findings and recommend program improvements.
19. Develop written operating procedures that outline program policies and provide technical guidance for staff and management.
20. Ensure outgoing documents are written in a style appropriate for their intended purpose.