Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meet the qualification requirements of Public Health Analyst, GS-685-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, providing advice and assistance to domestic and/or international governments, and to various public, nonprofit and private agencies and organizations on matters relating to the improvement of their public health activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop, monitor, implement, and evaluate current or projected complex, interrelated public health programs involving governmental and non-governmental organizations from multiple sectors at the community, State, national and/or international levels.
3. Analyze existing or proposed systems, strategies, services, or other health-related matters for long range implementation and administration of the public health program.
4. Develop and formulate short and long range public health program goals, objectives, and policies.
5. Assist agencies in updating global HIV/AIDS plans and procedures.
6. Review and monitor morbidity reports, and document morbidity trends and identify potential concerns.
7. Participate in the collection, review and analysis of surveillance data and in the development of surveillance reports.
8. Analyze global HIV/AIDS surveillance data and trends to make evidence-based decisions to focus on program planning.
9. Consult with health officials to develop appropriate follow-up strategies and actions related to global HIV/AIDS.
10. Conduct quality improvement activities and review for global HIV/AIDS program.
11. Provide global HIV/AIDS consultation and assist with the coordination and management of data associated with contact investigations.
12. Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, and legislative proposals to introduce new initiatives and recommend effective operations consistent with overall program objectives.
13. Coordinate high level, collaborative projects with other internal and/or external organizations to meet broad agency goals.
14. Consult with health officials to develop appropriate follow-up strategies and actions related to global HIV/AIDS.
15. Assist in the review of global HIV/AIDS policies, procedures and plans to meet the changing needs of the program.
16. Develop global HIV/AIDS policies, procedures and plans to meet the changing needs of the program.
17. Prepare the annual budget and/or requests for funding based on information received from subordinate activities.
18. Manage allocated resources and monitors expenditures and estimates resource requirements.
19. Manage the initiation, administration, and/or close out of grants and cooperative agreements.
20. Administer a comprehensive, multi-CIO cooperative agreement.
21. Provide technical advice and assistance in managing and evaluating grants, cooperative agreements, contracts and other awards.
22. Analyze legislative proposals for policy implications.
23. Develop recommendations on proposed legislation.
24. Track legislation through the Congressional authorization and appropriation processes.
25. Research and prepare responses to ad-hoc or recurring inquiries received in writing (e.g., Congressional briefing materials and responses.)
26. Plan and coordinate conferences designed to educate on global HIV/AIDS.
27. Participate in conferences, workshops, and meetings on global HIV/AIDS activities.
28. Research and prepare responses to ad-hoc or recurring inquiries received telephonically.
29. Write applications for grants, contracts, or interagency agreements.
30. Develop or assist in the development of abstracts, posters, and presentations on global HIV/AIDS activities/programs.
31. Plan, organize, and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
32. Plan day-to-day operations of the public health program office.
33. Provide technical advice on administrative aspects of the program operations to resolve matters that are often controversial or complicated.
34. Establish community partnerships for global HIV/AIDS with other public and private agencies.
35. Provide technical advice on global HIV/AIDS program matters to a range of partners and stakeholders.
36. Act as liaison with community partners to ensure their interests and priorities are taken in consideration in policy development and implementation.
37. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.