OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONS - Mark only 1 response for each question.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
This section asks you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific factors which relate to job performance. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. Record your answers in Section 25.
1. This position is not available at the GS-05 please select A below.A. A
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-7, Management and Program Analysis work. If your highest level of education is not described below, choose the letter than describes experience or lower level education that you do have. Mark only 1 response.
3. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
4. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
5. Please respond "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
The following questions ask you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific areas which relate to successful job performance.
You are to choose one answer to each question from among the alternatives presented. Then, record your answers in Section 25 on OPM Form 1203-FX beginning at Item 6. Do not mark more than one answer for each question. Multiple answers will not be counted. Do not omit answers unless instructed to do so. Other omissions may decrease your score.
1. During high school (grades 9 - 12), I made the semester honor roll:
2. The high school grade I most often received was:
IF YOU DID NOT ATTEND COLLEGE, PLEASE SKIP TO ITEM 4.
3. The college grade I most often received was:
4. In the past three years the number of different paying jobs I have held for more than two weeks is:
5. I have been employed in work similar to that of the job covered by this examination:
6. In the past three years, my primary work experience has been in:
7. On my present or most recent job, my supervisor rated me as:
8. In the past three years the number of jobs I have been fired from is:
9. The number of civic or social organizations (which have regular meetings and a defined membership) that I belong to is:
10. In organizations to which I belong, my participation is best described as:
11. My previous supervisors (or teachers if not previously employed) would most likely describe my basic math skills as:
The questions in this part relate to fundamental competencies, such as problem solving, that are required for the job for which you are applying.
Please answer each question "A" for YES or "B" for NO.
Keep in mind the following:
1) Some questions refer to “work” experience. Unless otherwise stated, this includes experience you have gained through:
· Volunteer work,
· Military service,
· Paid employment,
· Hobbies, or
· Professional, charitable, religious, community, social, or other organizations.
2) Some questions include examples to help show the broad range of accomplishments and experience applicants might have. Read the entire question using the examples as a guide, but do not base your answers solely on the examples.
3) Some questions ask you if you received a grade of B or above in your schoolwork. On an A, B, C, D, F scale, a grade of B or above is considered an above average grade. If you were graded on a different scale, use the equivalent of a B or above on the type of scale on which you were graded.
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. Your responses are subject to verification through background checks, job interviews, and any other information obtained during the application process. Untruthful responses or any attempt to conceal information can result in your removal from a Federal job and in you being barred from seeking Federal employment in the future.
12. Have you identified and solved a problem with a procedure, product, or service that benefited the organization (for example, saved the organization time or money, increased sales, reduced errors, etc.)?
13. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to determine resource requirements or monitor the use of resources (for example, staff, space, equipment, supplies, materials, etc.)?
14. Have you received formal recognition for work related to financial management (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, early promotion, etc.)?
15. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your financial management skills?
16. Have you successfully done work where you played a key role in keeping morale up, fostering team spirit or cooperation, or making a group more productive (for example, worked as a coach, supervisor, campaign manager, etc.)?
17. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved negotiating with customers or clients to modify products or to resolve problems or disputes?
18. Have you successfully done work that required extensive on-the-job training?
19. Have you worked on several major assignments or projects at the same time with minimal supervision and completed the work on time or ahead of schedule?
20. Since high school, have you received a grade of B or above in oral communication classes (for example, speech, public speaking, theater, etc.) or participated in activities that improved your oral communication skills (for example, training classes, workshops, seminars, debate team, speech club, etc.)?
21. Have you effectively served on a problem-solving, planning, or goal-setting committee or team?
22. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved forecasting costs or revenues for the short term (weekly, monthly, or quarterly)?
23. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions, gathering nonsensitive information, or providing assistance to others, either in person or by telephone?
24. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved informally providing oral explanations of technical information or other complex information, such as regulations, policies, or procedures?
25. Have you successfully audited financial records, or monitored a budget to ensure expenditures were within budget, or that funds were disbursed, properly accounted for, or used according to regulations or policies?
26. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved composing letters or writing reports containing several short paragraphs, such as investigation reports, accident reports, performance evaluations, etc.?
27. Have you received formal recognition (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, etc.) or been given certain assignments because of your ability to work well in a group?
28. Have you successfully planned an event such as a conference, fund-raiser, etc.?
29. Have you successfully written reports that presented facts, findings, logical conclusions, and persuasive arguments (for example, wrote a thesis, briefing papers, policy papers, complex research papers, etc.)?
30. Have you broken a sales record or a similar record, regularly exceeded quotas or similar productivity standards, or received formal recognition for doing work that surpassed what was expected (for example, received a certificate of appreciation, bonus, etc.)?
31. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your teamwork skills?
32. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting with people, other than your co-workers, from a foreign country or from different ethnic or cultural backgrounds?
33. Have you successfully negotiated with another person sharing the same resources (for example, negotiated for employees, space, equipment, etc.)?
34. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved persuading customers or clients to purchase a product or service?
35. Do you regularly monitor your progress toward achieving your career goals (for example, by initiating discussions about your career goals with your supervisor, employee counselor, mentor, etc.)?
36. Have you successfully dealt with a disruption to regular operations in a way that allowed for completion of the work or continuation of a noncritical service?
37. Have you devised a strategy to overcome a major setback that successfully enabled you to complete a project on time or within budget?
38. Have you used study or review techniques that helped you learn material more effectively?
39. Have you successfully completed a large-scale project (lasting several months or longer) on or ahead of schedule with minimal supervision?
40. Have you successfully negotiated contracts, leases, or prices for services, supplies, equipment, property, etc.?
41. Have you often been asked to proofread or edit the writing of others for content, punctuation, spelling, and grammar?
42. Have you successfully learned a hobby or leisure activity requiring extensive study or use of complex directions (for example, constructing stereo or computer systems, making stained glass objects, etc.)?
43. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved discussing sensitive information with others, or interviewing or surveying people, either in person or by telephone, to gather information they were reluctant to give?
44. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that others have paid you to do it?
45. Have you successfully prepared a program or project budget?
46. Have you successfully done work that involved writing technical or legal reports, or translating technical or other complex material into language that was more easily understood?
47. Have you successfully planned activities for nonwork groups (for example, athletic teams, professional associations, religious groups, etc.)?
48. Have you participated in post-high school activities that helped you improve your negotiation or persuasion skills (for example, college debate team, training classes, workshops, seminars, etc.)?
49. Have you successfully done work that constantly required you to work under difficult time constraints?
50. Have you successfully done work in a setting where the fast pace required employees to assist each other to ensure that quality service or products were provided (for example, worked on an assembly line, in a fast-food restaurant, etc.)?
51. Have you successfully completed a complex research project that included collecting and analyzing information, and reporting conclusions or recommendations?
52. Have you successfully resolved disagreements among a group of peers in a goal-oriented setting (for example, sports team, work group, theater group, cheerleading squad, etc.)?
53. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your self-management skills (for example, time management, goal setting, career development, etc.)?
54. Have you successfully done work that required you to live with others 24 hours a day while working with them toward a common goal (for example, completed a tour of duty on a submarine, worked on a wilderness trail-building team or scientific expedition, etc.)?
55. Have you received favorable feedback for oral presentations you have given to management or other officials, or to the public (for example, for speaking at religious services, performing in theatrical productions, etc.)?
56. Have you successfully persuaded management, other members of your group, customers, or clients to accept a proposal?
57. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting with customers, clients, co-workers, or supervisors who were especially difficult to get along with?
58. Have you successfully prepared a budget for an office, department, or organization?
59. Have you successfully done work that only occasionally required you to present information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
60. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to modify plans to accommodate unexpected assignments or to respond to changing workloads, priorities, or deadlines?
61. Have you successfully done work that involved forecasting costs or revenues for the long term (annually or longer)?
62. Have you made presentations where you successfully persuaded someone to do something (for example, support a project, accept your recommendations, purchase a product or service, etc.)?
63. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to lead or facilitate briefings, meetings, or conferences, or formally present technical or other complex information to others?
64. Have you taught yourself skills that improved your performance in school or at work (for example, taught yourself typing, computer skills, a foreign language, etc.)?
65. Have you designed or developed something, on your own initiative, to help you or other employees better complete assignments (for example, designed a training manual)?
66. Have you successfully completed a long-term project outside of work where you were solely responsible for doing the work (for example, completed a thesis, wrote a book that was published, prepared a horse for competition that won a ribbon, restored an antique car, etc.)?
67. In high school, did you have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, belong to an honor society, or graduate with honors?
68. Have you successfully completed a highly structured, formal training program, not including an apprenticeship for a trade or craft, that required you to learn a complex body of information (for example, training for jobs in insurance, law enforcement, real estate, etc.)?
69. Have you successfully done work that frequently required you to present nontechnical information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
70. Have you written procedures or instructions that others have followed successfully (for example, instruction manuals, survey instructions, training materials, etc.)?
71. Have you received favorable feedback about your interpersonal skills when serving as a leader, instructor, or supervisor for academic, religious, community, sports, leisure, or work activities?
72. Have you developed a formal mechanism to learn more about a problem (for example, developed a survey, conducted interviews or focus groups, etc.)?
73. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting or coordinating with people outside of your immediate work group (for example, people from other offices, departments, organizations, etc.)?
74. Have you received formal recognition for your written work (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
75. Have you done work that involved writing brochures, press releases, or speeches?
76. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved verifying the accuracy of information or the relevance of information to a problem or a situation (for example, investigative work)?
77. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that you have been asked to do it for others on a voluntary basis?
78. Have you successfully planned or monitored a large-scale project or program that involved several steps that were carried out over an extended period of time?
79. Have you received formal recognition for solving a work-related problem (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, etc.)?
80. Have you worked on a team that produced measurable improvements (for example, an increase in production, quality, customer satisfaction, or a decrease in costs, number of injuries, complaints, etc.)?
81. Have you received formal recognition for your ability to work well with others (for example, received a letter of recommendation or appreciation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?