BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWERS YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED. THIS POSITION HAS AN INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT (IOR). IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST MEET THE IOR AS WELL AS THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE.
1. Select the one response that best describes how you meet the basic requirements for this position.A. I have a degree in accounting or in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. (Note: the 24 semester hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.)
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one that BEST describes your specialized experience that allows you to meet the minimum requirements of the Supervisory Accountant at the GS-510-13 level.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one that BEST describes your specialized experience that allows you to meet the minimum requirements of the Supervisory Accountant at the GS-510-14 level.A. I have one full year of specialized experience leading, directing or managing accounting services performed by a functional work group in one or more of the following areas: travel payment, vendor payment, or payment certification. Specialized experience is described as experience directing and managing accounting services performed by a functional work group in such areas as payment services. Experience must include establishing internal controls to track financial records, testing for and preventing improper payments, acquisition regulations, timeliness in making payments, reliable financial reports, quarterly and annual reports, and providing leadership, guidance and direction on administrative and technical issues to subordinate staff.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If marked 'NARRATIVE,' please provide a narrative statement addressing the question, please do not cut and paste your resume.
Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
4. Interpret and comply with agency and congressional statutory accounting requirements.
5. Apply the principles of professional accounting and auditing standards to resolve unprecedented accounting problems in any of several accounting systems.
6. Incorporate findings and recommendations related to audits and internal control reviews into the management of a financial program.
7. Provide analyses and recommendations on a wide variety of accounting and financial reports.
8. Analyze, reconcile, and correct financial and accounting inconsistencies.
9. Analyze and improve reporting and utilization of allocated funds and manpower resources.
10. Resolve unprecedented accounting problems within financial accounting systems.
11. Analyze quantitative data to assure correctness of financial data related to changes in funding levels for such items as equipment purchases, travel and maintenance.
12. Conduct analyses and feasibility studies to determine the most efficient methods of implementing financial management policies and procedures.
13. Perform internal control testing based on Office of Management and Budget (OMB) A123and/or Improper Payment and Recovery Act (IPERA).FACTOR: Ability to apply analytical methods and techniques to identify and resolve financial management issues
14. Skilled in creating financial statements, charts, and reports.
15. Use automated financial systems (both core financial systems and various feeder systems), including generating financial statement, retrieving data, entering and storing documents, and maintaining records.
16. Identify, categorize, and analyze quantitative data to assure correctness of financial data.
17. Skilled in gathering, compiling and analyzing financial data to develop and prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports.
18. Make definitive recommendations to senior management officials to improve understanding of the impacts of existing and proposed financial standards, programs and policies.
19. Identifies and resolves a variety of financial, accounting and/or policy issues.
20. Conduct analyses and feasibility studies to determine the most efficient methods of implementing financial management policies and procedures.
21. Interprets policy and regulatory requirements as they relate to the preparation and analysis of financial or accounting data.
22. Review completed work to determine that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, and deadlines have been met.
23. . Articulate and communicate to a team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
24. Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
25. Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products/services.
26. 25. Participates in verbal discussions in which the purpose was to justify, defend, negotiate, or settle matters involving financial or accounting issues.
27. 26. Participates in planning activities through the development and execution of briefings, presentations, and conferences for senior management, prepares training materials to present to accountants on a variety of accounting scenarios.
28. 28. Write memoranda, instructions, and polices related to the reporting of financial data for internal control evaluation, reports of findings and recommendation.
29. 29. Prepare financial or accounting reports.
30. 30. Compiles program and specialized program-related numerical, narrative and/or statistical data from various sources and documents and prepares reports following general guidelines.