1. ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF A ELECTRICIAN WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL SUPERVISION (SCREEN OUT) from the descriptions below, please choose the best response to describe your ability to perform electrician work. You must document your experience in your resume.
2. Possession of a valid Tennessee State General Journeyman Electrician License is required to safely perform the duties of this position. If you do not possess a Tennessee State General Journeyman Electrician License, you must have comparable current certification in another state and be able to obtain a Tennessee State Trainee Electrician License or higher within 6 months of entry on duty.
From the description below, select the most appropriate response. Failure to answer the question will result in an ineligible rating. Upon tentative selection, you will be required to submit a copy of your electrician license.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
3. Locate distribution panels, boxes, circuits, fixtures, transformers, and other electrical devices.
4. Locate underground electrical conductors.
5. Order electrical material and supplies for commercial facilities.
6. Lock/out and tag/out electrical equipment according to OSHA regulations.
7. Test new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls and equipment.
8. Test and balance electrical loads.
9. Assign daily electrician tasks to crewmembers.
For questions 9-24, use the above A-E scale to indicate your level of ability to use and maintain the listed items.
11. Power saws.
12. Plumb bobs.
17. Milliamp meters.
18. Ground fault voltage indicators.
19. Amp probes.
20. Frequency meters.
21. Surge test equipment.
22. Soldering irons.
24. Electric drills.
25. Hammer drills.
26. Determine size, type and arrangement to meet applicable NEC, NFPA and other applicable codes in commercial installations for the safe operation of electrical systems, circuits and equipment.
27. Design electrical wiring systems for commercial installations.
28. Plan, layout and complete the installation of full wiring systems for commercial buildings.
29. Arrange and install wire, conduit, couplings, fittings, relays, boxes, circuit breakers, and other electrical devices to insure proper and safe operation of electrical systems and equipment in commercial installations.
30. Repair electrical wiring systems, with typical commercial voltage.
31. Modify new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment.
32. Install a variety of electrical controls and equipment.
33. Determine type, size, and gauge of wiring necessary for each job based on the type of environmental exposure of the power requirements involved.
34. Install, finish, and repair drywall and drywall surfaces.
35. Use manufacturers supplied documentation to develop the approach and perform the installation of product into customized configurations.
36. Read blueprints, engineering drawings, logic diagrams, mechanical drawings, and technical manuals necessary to install, troubleshoot, and repair building and utility related equipment and systems.
37. Interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, schematics, sketches and wiring diagrams.
38. Use mathematic formulas basic to the electrician trade to determine voltage and resistance.
39. Observe and apply safety regulations to work being done.
40. Follow OSHA standards while performing electrical work.
41. Perform work according to the National Electrical Code Manuals.
42. Assist in drawing and developing schematics, drawings and routing maintenance procedures for use by others in performing daily maintenance and minor troubleshooting of specific needed systems.
43. Design and draw schematics and diagrams for new systems and modifications to existing systems in order to maintain up-to-date records of as-built conditions.
44. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.