Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the GS-06/07 Administrative Support Assistant (OA) position located at Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated to determine your qualifications for this position. Please carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change a response, be certain to erase (unclick) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items that are left blank will not receive credit.
This is a federal job application system. Providing false information or failing to answer all questions truthfully and completely may be grounds for not hiring, for disbarment from federal employment, or for dismissal after you begin work. Falsifying a federal job application, attempting to violate the privacy of others, or attempting to compromise the operation of this system may be punishable by fine or imprisonment.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the minimum qualification requirements as a GS-06 Administrative Support Assistant (OA). Read all the options before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: operating computerized information systems; purchasing; property management; timekeeping; files maintenance; budget tracking; preparing variety of forms and reports. To be creditable, your experience must have involved performance of a combination of the above duties.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the minimum qualification requirements as a GS-07 Administrative Support Assistant (OA). Read all the options before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: providing a wide variety of administrative support services to enable efficient operation of a business or program office; the independent operation of computerized information systems including operating and troubleshooting a variety of IT equipment (computers, scanners, printers, fax machines, copiers) and training staff in their use; tracking and reconciling fiscal data for programmed accounts versus actual expenditures; preparing and following up on purchase orders and contracts; administering payroll and time and attendance; preparing a variety of forms and other administrative paperwork; performing property management work; preparing travel arrangements through an automated system; coordinating a variety of personnel actions. To be creditable, your experience must have involved performance of a combination of the above duties.
3. This position also requires that you type 40 words per minute based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors. Please select the best response below. This requirement is a screen-out factor which means if you cannot type the required speed you will be rated ineligible.A. Yes - I self-certify that I type 40 words per minute based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Assist with remittances and deposits of entrance and campground fees, commercial use authorization fees, special use permit fees and donations.
5. Record and process invoices for utilities, goods and services.
6. Calculate and issue bills for collection.
7. Document and process payments.
8. Prepare and review travel authorizations and vouchers for accuracy, completeness and compliance with current guidelines.
9. Advise employees on travel policies and regulations.
10. Prepare and coordinate documentation, forms and correspondence for personnel actions with a Servicing Human Resources Office.
11. Assist selecting officials in preparing recruitment documentation such as position descriptions, job analyses and organizational charts.
12. Submit background investigation requests for employees through an on-line electronic system.
13. Provide orientation for new staff members.
14. Interpret human resources management policies and procedures for park employees.
15. Serve as a point of contact for the worker's compensation program while assisting employees with submission of appropriate documents.
16. Review and input time and attendance reports.
17. Advise employees with questions/concerns about pay, hours of duty, leave (vacation/sick), etc.
18. Resolve payroll discrepancies.
19. Interpret, apply and provide guidance to employees regarding federal procurement regulations and small purchase guidelines.
20. Provide oversight of an organization's charge card program by assisting with charge card audits while maintaining secure files for all credit card holders' statements.
21. Purchase, track and reconcile supplies and services utilizing a government/organization purchase card in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
22. Assist Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) with preparation of various procurement documents such as contracts, purchase requests, agreements while ensuring necessary justifications and approvals are obtained.
23. Update and maintain property information in an automated inventory system.
24. Track and maintain property acquisitions, transfers and disposals.
25. Manage a park housing program by utilizing a housing software program to track occupancy of units and submitting associated payroll deductions.
26. Provide technology support to individuals by setting up computers, loading software, adding peripheral devices, etc.
27. Troubleshoot peripheral equipment (printers, scanners, CD-writer/back-up driver, fax machines, copiers) problems and arrange for repairs when needed.
28. Train staff members in the use of computer equipment and software.
29. Create documents, tables, charts and/or graphic presentations using software packages such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
30. Receive and distribute incoming mail; receive, log and track incoming packages.
31. Maintain office files in accordance with federal records management policies and procedures.
32. Identify, restructure and recommend ways of eliminating, combining, simplifying or improving administrative and clerical office procedures and processes.
33. Provide training or administrative briefings to small groups of people.
34. Prepare, review and edit outgoing correspondence and other documents for formatting, spelling, grammar, clarity, general policy conformity and factual correctness.
35. Greet visitors/customers, answer their questions and respond to their comments, concerns and/or complaints following established organizational guidelines.
36. Exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with management, staff members and the public through telephone and personal interaction.
37. Handle contentious or stressful situations with understanding, respect, empathy and concern.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
38. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.