Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience.
1. Are you a United States Citizen?A. Yes
2. Are you a current VA Salt Lake City HCS employee?A. Yes
3. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
NOTICE: Your responses to the following questionnaire WILL be verified against all uploaded documents for this vacancy announcement. Failure to provide supporting information and/or documentation may result in a lower score or even being rated as ineligible for the position.
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position. NOTE: If you are faxing your application and filling out the 1203-FX form, you may notice that the numbering restarts here with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form, please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section of the form.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
3. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
4. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from an accredited college or university whose curriculum in psychology is approved at the time of your graduation by the American Psychological Association (APA)? (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?
6. For GS-12: Do you have at least one additional year of experience as a Psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level?A. Yes
7. For GS-13: Do you have at least one additional year of experience as a Psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Prepare research results for publication in scientific journals and for presentation at local, national and international scientific meetings.
9. Assist in developing and maintaining a grant program of research in related to neurobiological/neuropsychological underpinnings of suicidal behavior among veterans.
10. Assist in developing and maintaining a grant program of research in the areas known to contribute to veteran suicide and/or negative psychiatric outcomes.
11. Responsible for patient care issues related to reducing suicide risk; this may include meeting with patients outside of the medical facility.
12. Develop additional research grants and submission to appropriate public and private agencies.
13. Assist in developing and maintaining grant reports and compiling summaries for multiple agencies.
14. Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues related to suicide risk.
15. Serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees; assists in their case formulation and treatment planning.
16. Educate clinicians regarding working with high-risk populations including those with a history of traumatic brain injury and/or suicidality.
17. Consult with medical staff on a wide variety of patient care issues related to assessing and treating those with a history of TBI and co-morbid psychiatric conditions.
18. Responsible for coordinating activities and providing clinical direction to those working on clinical projects.
19. Manage study protocol and submit study alterations to the appropriate review boards.
20. Develop and maintain statistical and Institutional Review Board databases.
21. Schedule and coordinate meetings related to grant project.
22. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
23. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
24. A wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
25. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
26. Provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
27. Apply advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
28. My responses to the above supplemental questionnaire for this vacancy announcement are supported and included in my uploaded documents (e.g. application forms, resume and/or transcripts).